Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I took off my bump stop brackets

Matt's06

Reaction score
I have 2" blocks in the back. Took a little longer then I thought it would. You will need a grinder with a cut off disc and an air hammer. I just cut the head of the rivets off and air hammered them out. I started out with just a punch and a hammer. That was a bad idea. It was taking forever and wore me out pretty quick. I would recomend using a torch to heat up the surrounding area. I did not have one, I managed to do without. Also don't forget to sheild the gas tank with something when you cut the rivets and paint the parts of the frame that you might touch with the grinder. So far I have not bottomed out. :rock: I used to bottom out all the time even with my trimmed low-pro bump stops.

Last edited:

07XR808

Reaction score
Wait till you actually bottom out without the bump stops. IMO, the sound and feeling of the frame hitting is way worse versus low pro's

Matt's06

Reaction score
Wait till you actually bottom out without the bump stops. IMO, the sound and feeling of the frame hitting is way worse versus low pro's

I plan on mounting my low pro's directly to the frame when I get some new drill bits.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I'm sick with the bottom out on my truck :motz:

gerk

Reaction score
my rear never bottoms out but i have bottomed out the fronts. i think the preload on the caltac bars help alot.

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
I took off my rear bumpstops completely and I still bottom out all the time. (2" blocks) Mostly on the highway. Has anyone just C-notched the frame? Where can I find some bolt/weld on brackets?

project-c2

Reaction score
I took off my rear bumpstops completely and I still bottom out all the time. (2" blocks) Mostly on the highway. Has anyone just C-notched the frame? Where can I find some bolt/weld on brackets?
DJM Suspension

rexrunner

Reaction score
ive never bottomed out, how hard do you guys drive your trucks:dontknow: . I baby mine so that could be it. even going over train tracks I only go like 5 mph if that:biggrin:

rx-runner

Reaction score
i have never bottomed out, i think my truck is actually higher than stock

Matt's06

Reaction score
You can get the DJM C-notch kit from stylinconcepts.com for cheaper. You have to call them because it is not listed on the website. I got mine with a 3" block instead of the 4" block for about $190. With a 3" block you can bring the rear down a little so that it is level with the front (assuming your front is lowered) and still not bottom out.

The part number is RK2806-3 for the 3" kit and RK2806-4 for the 4" kit

DOGO X

Reaction score
Will let you know in 2 weeks :top:

morcheez

Reaction score
anyone got pics of the frame after the brackets are cut off ?

RedX

Reaction score
I bottom out with 2" blocks and I baby the hell out of my truck. Its starting to get to me. :argh: Better rubber to steel than steel to steel, I guess. :laugh:

Top Bottom