Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm new

CaliCorks

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just registred today and wanted to introduce myself. My names Courtney, and I'm 23 years old living in Long Beach, CA. I bought my first truck (an X-runner) 10/17/2007 Its a metalic blue 2008. I'm very very excited about it, and absolutly love it! I'm a bit nervious about upgrading it at this point just because I don't want to void any warrentiy, but its probably because its new. If anyone has an idea of where to start I would love some suggestions. I would be more intrested in speed than looks, altough looks are still important. I look forward to speaking with all of you! I have no pics as of yet, but I do plan on getting some as soon as I have time.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
Oh another female aboard. ;)

Welcome to XR-U!

I see you are a Manager of Gamestop.

Hook us up? lol :p

XrunnIT

Reaction score
trucks...video games....female???? This is very rare. Welcome aboard!! Any questions you could possibly think of, you'll find here. Just ask.

PLCX

Reaction score
nice welcome to your new home

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
welcome. this will be your new home. trust me.. xr-u is my myspace. lol.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Welcome to XR-U!

First thing you'd want to get would be a short shifter kit so the throw when shifting gears isn't as long.

If you're overly worried about warranty, TRD makes one so you wont have to worry about it.

Here's a link: http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PTR04-35051.aspx?MakeID=1

I'm sure there's plenty of guys in Cali that would help you install it if needed.

07SWB

Reaction score
wolcome to XR-U...

i say wait til you come to a meet so you can check out everyone's trucks then decide what you wanna do with yours. Most of the members on ehre have a short throw shifter, makes it less like driving a school bus or rowing a boat while driving.

www.urausa.com has the short shifter kit and it is very affordable. and takes all of 30 minutes to install.

Last edited by a moderator:

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck, even if it is a SWB.. :wink: :laugh: There's a poll here that proves that BSP is the fastest. lol. But this site is like crack.... Cant .... Get..... Enough...... Welcome and get some pics for us to drool at! :top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction that is XRU. You will quickly find out that you spend more time here than any other site on the net. Well at least I do, and I'm sure most of the others will admit it too. It's worse than a crack habit. Anyway, welcome to the site. There are no dumb questions here, so don't be afraid to ask. Just an FYI, if you were more interested in speed you should have bought a (BSP) black sand pearl, everyone knows they're faster!! :rock:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Clearly TacoInvader stole my thoughts as I was typing....I post and i see that above me...damn you...but clearly we think alike..BSP FTW!!

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Clearly TacoInvader stole my thoughts as I was typing....I post and i see that above me...damn you...but clearly we think alike..BSP FTW!!

LOL :top: :argh: :hmmmm2: :eviltongue: :hahaha: :laugh: BSP RULZ!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Welcome! The first thing we are going to need since you are a new XRU member is pictures! Of your truck that is... :biggrin:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble fellas, but there are a lot of guys named Courtney too. Would be nice to have some more females represented here at XRU though --- I think this would formally make the third or fourth one out of 1,000. :biggrin:

But anyway, welcome to XRU Courtney and congratulations on your new truck! We promote a flame-free/bash-free environment here at XRU so feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Everyone here is extremely helpful and has a lot of knowledge about these trucks.

If you ask me the first mod to do, I would say the URD or TRD Short Shifter. Relatively inexpensive and makes a big difference day-to-day. :top:

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
Welcome to XR-U. You will be addicted soon, if not already. This is a very welcoming site and there is so much info on here and everyone is willing to help. The best thing you can do is go to a meet, you will learn so much from it....and don't worry SWB (SPEEDWAY BLUE) is the fastest! :driver:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
WELCOME TO XR-U :rock:

I have nothing to tell you because everyone else has already covered it... just enjoy the truck :top:

Top Bottom