Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Improve MPG?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I run 87 with one or two tanks a month on 91/93 where available to help clean everything up a little.....my mpg is finnicky though as sometimes I drive slow and others not so much. :top: I average 18ish generally though with some highway mileage

Murderface

Reaction score
I run 87 with one or two tanks a month on 91/93 where available to help clean everything up a little.....my mpg is finnicky though as sometimes I drive slow and others not so much. :top: I average 18ish generally though with some highway mileage

Please help me understand how running 93 once in a while helps clean ANYTHING?:dontknow:

does this mean my engine is SUPER clean cause I run it every tank:laugh:

who Ami too judge? It's ur money u can do what ever u want with it!
I'm such an asshole

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Please help me understand how running 93 once in a while helps clean ANYTHING?:dontknow:

does this mean my engine is SUPER clean cause I run it every tank:laugh:

who Ami too judge? It's ur money u can do what ever u want with it!
I'm such an asshole
Its a higher octane and its kinda like giving the inside of your truck a bath once in a while with some fresh spring water instead of nasty tap water.....and I've done it in every car/truck Ive ever owned....I used to run it every tank...Did I say my engine was any cleaner than anyone elses here? I dont think so "bud" I stated my own practices for the sake of the thread.....I dont think your an asshole....I think your a dickhead but thats just because I am one too....:biggrin:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
get a scan guage if you can. that will tell you what you are getting. with my mods, I get in the 20s most of the time unless I am in the gas. On the highway, in 6th about 60-70 I am in the 30s by the scan guage.

Murderface

Reaction score
Im from Lawrenceville. near Trenton.

ur only 30-45 min from me

Its a higher octane and its kinda like giving the inside of your truck a bath once in a while with some fresh spring water instead of nasty tap water.....and I've done it in every car/truck Ive ever owned....I used to run it every tank...Did I say my engine was any cleaner than anyone elses here? I dont think so "bud" I stated my own practices for the sake of the thread.....I dont think your an asshole....I think your a dickhead but thats just because I am one too....:biggrin:

Asshole: a person who states correct facts in an unfriendly mannor
Dickhead: a person who states no answer in an unfriendly mannor

u and I are both assholes Donny not Dickheads:top:

rice247

Reaction score
Do you downshift when you slow down for stops? I was taught to do that way back in the. I have stopped doing that lately and have gone from about 230 miles per tank to a little over 300 miles.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
ur only 30-45 min from me

Asshole: a person who states correct facts in an unfriendly mannor
Dickhead: a person who states no answer in an unfriendly mannor

u and I are both assholes Donny not Dickheads:top:
Fair enough sir. :biggrin:

alexxwing

Reaction score
want better MPG get a prius wand better FPG "fun per gal." get a xrunner lol not to make fun bro but i dont think about gas when im in the truck if i did it would drive me crazy

Vince77

Reaction score
Is it mostly city driving, some freeway, or what? I've gotten up to 25mpg on a 20-25min trip almost all freeway.

Black-X

Reaction score
Here in Hawaii, every thing is so close. Most of the driving would be considered city, unless you're driving across da island.

MiamiAE86

Reaction score
im a spirited driver in miami and i deal with moderate traffic and stop and goes are common. i average about 16mpg. If i do alot of highway miles i average 18-19 at about 80mph.
Does anybody know the ideal RPM's for fuel effiency for our trucks?

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
im a spirited driver in miami and i deal with moderate traffic and stop and goes are common. i average about 16mpg. If i do alot of highway miles i average 18-19 at about 80mph.
Does anybody know the ideal RPM's for fuel effiency for our trucks?

Idk about rpm's. But I remember reading somewhere that optimal fuel mileage in our trucks is at 55 mph's in 6th gear:top: or sumpin like that

SX TOY

Reaction score
Idk about rpm's. But I remember reading somewhere that optimal fuel mileage in our trucks is at 55 mph's in 6th gear:top: or sumpin like that

55 in 6th would be right around 1900 rpms

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
you could keep it in sixth at any speed over 30mph and save a ton of gas i drove to u of h 2 days both ways 30 min freeway drive with my low fuel light on

Top Bottom