Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

in need of new front brakes

lamia2super

Reaction score
wondering what everyone has done to upgrade their brakes because im about to hit 100k miles and will soon need new pads and rotors. I was thinking of ordering hawk brakes, steel brake lines, and search for a new pair of rotors. I would love to buy a BBK but im currently on a budget with this truck.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
wondering what everyone has done to upgrade their brakes because im about to hit 100k miles and will soon need new pads and rotors. I was thinking of ordering hawk brakes, steel brake lines, and search for a new pair of rotors. I would love to buy a BBK but im currently on a budget with this truck.

if your rotors haven't been re-surfaced yet just get them re-surfaced and throw some good brake pads on! i've heard some great things about the trd pads and yellow stuff pads

dramad1

Reaction score
Check my thread, "stock brake pads and rotor swap" I'm on my phone and can't post link. Hope this helps a lil

X_Less

Reaction score
What I knew of rotors or thought I knew was dubbed incorrect... The best rotors are the blank rotors and the best pads are either EBC yellow stuff or TRD brake pads.

triumphx

Reaction score
Pretty soon ill be parting with my rotora bbk, not sure what budget your working with but just lemme know if your interested

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
I went from hawk/brembos to.........

EBC stage 5 kit along with gstop braided lines

http://ebcrotors.com/p-235-stage-5-...D&submodel2=4.0L, V6&submodel3=Non Pre-Runner

Id call first and make sure these will fit the X

I bought mine from Marco at 4wp Chula Vista

yes I know the picture has a 6lug.............but they offer a 2wd NON prerunner option too, so thats gotta be a 5 lugger.....just not 100% sure if itll work for an X

and NO, they are not drilled..............Id NEVER run drilled on a DD
235_3_.jpg

lamia2super

Reaction score
I went from hawk/brembos to.........

EBC stage 5 kit along with gstop braided lines

http://ebcrotors.com/p-235-stage-5-...D&submodel2=4.0L, V6&submodel3=Non Pre-Runner

Id call first and make sure these will fit the X

I bought mine from Marco at 4wp Chula Vista

yes I know the picture has a 6lug.............but they offer a 2wd NON prerunner option too, so thats gotta be a 5 lugger.....just not 100% sure if itll work for an X

and NO, they are not drilled..............Id NEVER run drilled on a DD
235_3_.jpg

not bad for the money

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
not bad for the money

No pulsing either

I dont notice anymore dust rlly than the hawks generated.

just remember, they (like hawk) have bed in procedures with info on the box.........true stopping performance will not be seen right outta the box, it will only get better

lamia2super

Reaction score
Ya all brakes have to be bedded in

So yellow stuff and hawks generate the small amount of dust and have the same performance ?

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Ya all brakes have to be bedded in

So yellow stuff and hawks generate the small amount of dust and have the same performance ?

I noticed similar dusting

as for braking, the EBC combo feel better, but thats subjective, sorry.................without measured stopping distances I cant say if 1 truly is better. Sorry If I made it sound that way.

triumphx

Reaction score
For 100 more bucks i would sell you my Rotora 4 piston BBK...

Miami_X

Reaction score

I'm doing this in a few months: Click Here!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I've got my old brakes Layin in the garage. Don't know if they can help.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Come up to Tampa and you can have a low mileage (40K?) set of stock calipers, rotors and pads for free - still haven't gotten rid of mine - too lazy to pack, them up and ship anywhere

lamia2super

Reaction score
Come up to Tampa and you can have a low mileage (40K?) set of stock calipers, rotors and pads for free - still haven't gotten rid of mine - too lazy to pack, them up and ship anywhere

hmm I'm planning a trip now to sebring for the 12hour race

Top Bottom