Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

in need of new front brakes

lamia2super

Reaction score
finally got around to swapping my brakes out. still need to bed them in , this is the end result

Last edited:

lamia2super

Reaction score
What did you end up going with, which pads & rotors?

+1, what is your review?

Thanks

Feedback on the brake setup, much better than stock?

I'll let you guys know once i bed them in, but i did EBC rotors, yellow stuff pads, stop tech lines, and dot 4

pedel feels completely different but i haven't had a chance to drive the truck yet

lamia2super

Reaction score
well I'm still taking my time with the bedding in process but like i said before the pedal fell is completely different. pedal is much harder, shorter, and i get that feeling that my rear drums aren't doing anything when it comes to braking.

I've noticed i have one tiny squeak coming from passenger side brake, but i think its because i lost set of the metal pad things that were on the oem pad.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
A little late of a response from me, but if I were to do a stock rotor replacement, I would do www.dbausa.com rotors. Then the Stop Tech rotors. Just a preference though.

As for your drums, did you flush those as well? Only because the way it reads, it is left open whether or not that you did flush them. If not, it certainly would help.

Kind of suckers that there aren't upgrade pads available for the drums. Then again, most companies don't really consider drums as performance braking components......

lamia2super

Reaction score
A little late of a response from me, but if I were to do a stock rotor replacement, I would do www.dbausa.com rotors. Then the Stop Tech rotors. Just a preference though.

As for your drums, did you flush those as well? Only because the way it reads, it is left open whether or not that you did flush them. If not, it certainly would help.

Kind of suckers that there aren't upgrade pads available for the drums. Then again, most companies don't really consider drums as performance braking components......

ya i almost went stop tech rotors, but then i just decided on ebc since I'm using their pads. no i haven't touch the drums. i'll try flushing them a little, but i think they might be worn out. 110k miles and no idea if the pervious owner changed them.

BBK is definitely a better upgrade if you have the money, but so far this is definitely better then stock.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Regardless if the rear shoes are worn out or not, you still have old fluid in there. With that many miles on the truck, that fluid will have a lot of moisture in it. Being that the front fluid has been changed, the rear should as well to match.

Top Bottom