Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

In with new...out with useless...

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
Just installed my afe stg 2 si and got rid of my AEM brute force pos!! Holyc-rap my intake air temp fell 15 degrees or more with the swap and my truck pulls harder.... Never ever buy the AEM brute force intake...

dramad1

Reaction score
caymanxrunner said:
Just installed my afe stg 2 si and got rid of my AEM brute force pos!! Holyc-rap my intake air temp fell 15 degrees or more with the swap and my truck pulls harder.... Never ever buy the AEM brute force intake...

Pics. Love mine. Just plugged the front hole last night cause it is rainy today. Here's mine

Attachments

• image-4270143625.jpg
    image-4270143625.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 82

kcidmil

Reaction score
I've always like AEM's filter, but I never did really care for their "heat shield".

I've been trying to decide between the AFE, Injen, or URD TCAI. Given the weather here in Utah and South Dakota I'm leaning towards AFE or Injen

caymanxrunner

Reaction score
As did I, I had a AEM intake in all my previous vehicles... I like the AFE however once I am WOT I keep hearing a viberation under my dash... anyone else have that?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely it is the box that holds the filter. A corner of it vibrating on the wheel well. My TRD intake did that.

redarkx

Reaction score
My afe does it too. I just like to think its the amazing raw power I'm putting down. :)

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Most likely it is the box that holds the filter. A corner of it vibrating on the wheel well. My TRD intake did that.

My TRD did that as well. Dt long tubes and a urd y pipe took care of it though. Can't hear it anymore lol

Grumpy

Reaction score
The sound you hear is the angry wookie under your hood!!
Normal for TRD/AFE intake, nothing to worry about.

Messenger

Reaction score
The difference between a heat-shield and a box make that much of a difference? Isn't that the main difference between the two?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The enclosed box, helps to keep the air being source of air colder, than just the heat shield. Yes, it makes a huge difference in inlet air temps. Especially at idle in the hot months.

Top Bottom