Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

info on the x bracing

onesweetday

Reaction score
I was woundering about creating a double cab x runner and i know that the x brace stiffens the chassis alot. I was woundering if its already there or do i have to add it later on (will it even fit)?

also are there any other mods that are not reasonably possible to create a 4 door xrunner (other than losing the gain of 400 lbs and having 4wd)

PLCX

Reaction score
you would prob. have to add sway bars and the x brace and a s/c to give some hp. + the body kit would add some challenges with the extra door

onesweetday

Reaction score
but does anyone know if it will clear the extra 4x4 bits under the truck thanks for the reply.

utixrunner

Reaction score
it should but it depends on your rear tire size. thats the only thing I could think of that might be a problem

RossK35

Reaction score
I've got everything installed on my dub cab. Rear x-brace needes a bracket welded to the frame. Front ones bolt right up and for the sway bar I used the from helwig.

GR8DANE

Reaction score
trd_sport is doin the same thing to his but i dont think he has a 4X4...im sure he will chime in on this one

onesweetday

Reaction score
I want to get an x runner but the wife is harping at me to leave room to expand in case it becomes baby time. I never knew that you could get a double cab 4x2 6spd manual truck.

Mabye the question i should have asked was "anybody stick a rear facing infant seat in a extended cab :rolleyez:

RossK35

Reaction score
I want to get an x runner but the wife is harping at me to leave room to expand in case it becomes baby time. I never knew that you could get a double cab 4x2 6spd manual truck.

Mabye the question i should have asked was "anybody stick a rear facing infant seat in a extended cab :rolleyez:
You can only get a 6spd in the dub cab if its 4 wheel drive.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score

Just get an xr... You'll get 9 months out of it at least

onesweetday

Reaction score
yeah and i might get 12 atleast outa the marrrage.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love your image in your sig. Thats freaken awsome.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I ran a baby seat in my X with no problems. Now I have the regular car seat. My son is almost 2 and he loves my truck. Everytime we get ready to go somewhere and get in the car he always looks at us and goes...."dadas truck'. He likes to "help" work on it too....

yz'sNtoytoco's

Reaction score
i put my rear facing baby seat in all the time.... it even has the loops to hook to on the passenger side . just have to flap the seet down

yz'sNtoytoco's

Reaction score
or just tell the wife to sit in the back and turn off the passenger air bag and put the kid up front HAH!

07SWB

Reaction score
tell the wife she can drive a minivan, you want something fun because you might need some time away from them lol

if you get a dubcab, remember the full Xrunner body kit runs about $3500 from the dealer.

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
I've got everything installed on my dub cab. Rear x-brace needes a bracket welded to the frame. Front ones bolt right up and for the sway bar I used the from helwig.

hellwig sway bar...it's a good investment :top::driver:

I am going to need some welding done soon when I get my x braces :adore:

Top Bottom