Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

installed a computer

willieshotg3

Reaction score
i put a desktop cpu in my truck hooked it to a screen and a power inverter and poof i have a 160 gig jutebox... hope to poste pics soon

stretch200

Reaction score
AWESOME!!! I want to do that to my truck too. totally custom built computer with LCD screen and stuff like that. Make sure to put up pics!! :top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
i put a desktop cpu in my truck hooked it to a screen and a power inverter and poof i have a 160 gig jutebox... hope to poste pics soon

Doesn't that take up a lot of space? Good idea though!

I think if I were to get a computer in my car...I would go with the laptop under the seat and controlls on my DVD screen. I would also get an external HD and connect it to the laptop giving me access to all my music (320 Gigs worth) through the screen.

stretch200

Reaction score
Doesn't that take up a lot of space? Good idea though!

I think if I were to get a computer in my car...I would go with the laptop under the seat and controlls on my DVD screen. I would also get an external HD and connect it to the laptop giving me access to all my music (320 Gigs worth) through the screen.

not necessarily. you can get these tiny computer boxes, that are about 5X5 inches. And they(being computer parts maker people) make parts that small. If you make one of those, you could probably fit it in the compartment under the back seat. Or in the glove compartment. Or the center armrest.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
not necessarily. you can get these tiny computer boxes, that are about 5X5 inches. And they(being computer parts maker people) make parts that small. If you make one of those, you could probably fit it in the compartment under the back seat. Or in the glove compartment. Or the center armrest.

They are HELLA expensive though for those. With the money you spend on them...you could buy a fairly decent laptop, the HD, and possibly screen. You are right though...those cubes are SICK! So tiny.

stretch200

Reaction score
you know, I was looking at those about 3 years ago, and I figured out how to build one for only about 500 or 600 dollars. Now it's probably cheaper. But buying one already build, yea. expensive.

Top Bottom