Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

installed DTLT and URD YPipe...rasp around 3k rpm

Reaction score
I bought some lightly used 1st gen DTLT and URD y-pipe and rear o2 sims acouple weeks ago. I had a chance to install them today.

I want to get rid of that rasp when you get on it around 3k rpm.

I have stock motor with TRD sc, trd cai, stock exhaust after the y pipe.

memario1214

Reaction score
Install a 15-18" resonator in line and you should be good to go. I did that a couple years to my setup and it took all the rasp out. No regrets

trdguykc

Reaction score
x2. I was hating the rasp in my exhaust and followed the lead of a fellow member here. Installed a magnaflow 18" resonator immediately after the y-pipe flange in the exhaust and it eliminated all rasp.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Dude u gotta ditch that factory y....even if u get one made at some shop....I'll b doing mine soon before i put my s/c on.

Reaction score
Yea. I installed the urd ypipe. The stocker on the xrunner actually looked pretty decent. Except for the 2 cats. I thought I saw pics of it and it had bends back to the front and other restrictions.

Murderface

Reaction score
U gotta ditch the stock catback also, even with long tubes/stock Y and stock catback it sounds like Poo Poo

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The stock catback is definitely your restriction now. Of course i am sure you are already well aware of that.

Gadget

Reaction score
When you take out all of your cats, the stock exhaust and even the TRD exhaust does not sound well at all. You will get a lot of buzzing and other odd noises coming from it as well as poor sound quality.

G

Reaction score
I plan on just getting a magnaflow 18"straight through resonator and get that welded on until I save up some money for a cat back or find a good deal on a used one.

I think from what I have read, with any cat back system you still needed that resonator to get rid of the rasp

Reaction score
x2. I was hating the rasp in my exhaust and followed the lead of a fellow member here. Installed a magnaflow 18" resonator immediately after the y-pipe flange in the exhaust and it eliminated all rasp.

Do you know what part number?
I found several round resonators but they are all different lengths. Is it 18" overall length or resonator body?

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Idk man im runnen straight all the back to my borla n it sounds lke a nasty sti or wrx

Top Bottom