Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ipad2 owners

dramad1

Reaction score
Just got my ipad2 32gig wifi only yesterday. Its pretty dope. But so far I noticed the battery draining fairly quickly. Anyone have any cool apps to share and any idea how I can tether it to my I phone so I can use the map on the go. I do not want to jailbreak it just yet. It's running the new 4.3 software. So far it seems pretty sick as far as what I am able to do with it and love the portability and large screen. I'm able to view my pm and reply. So what apps are sick and free apps as well don't have money to just blow on apps if you know what I mean.

Attachments

• image-1820591562.jpg
    image-1820591562.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1342493095.jpg
    image-1342493095.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 52

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
I don't have an Ipad (want one)... but, if you have an iphone, jailbreak it, get mywi, then tether your ipad to it...
we do this often on road trips with my macbook so the kids can watch movies...

dramad1

Reaction score
Helimx said:
I don't have an Ipad (want one)... but, if you have an iphone, jailbreak it, get mywi, then tether your ipad to it...

Thanks for some valuable info. Still trying to tether both devices without jailbreaking either but I might just bite the bullet and jail break my phone. Will my carrier AT&T know my phone has been jailbroke? That the only thing holding me up cause I want to stay legit with them.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score

Hopefully soon I will have my hands on the new Galaxy S2 which is powered by dual core processor similar to the iPad2. It just shows how shitty the iPad2 is.

G2>iPad2

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
they haven't said one single word to me about being jailbroke... it is LEGAL now....
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=43747 here's the thread I started when I was jailbreaking... follow the instructions babyboi gave, pretty easy....

jailbreaking, and getting the app called mywi for a 1 time $20 fee allows you to keep an AT&T unlimited plan if you have one... AND, you don't have to pay $20 a month to AT&T to tether....

Like I said, I've had ZERO issues

Hopefully soon I will have my hands on the new Galaxy S2 which is powered by dual core processor similar to the iPad2. It just shows how shitty the iPad2 is.

G2>iPad2

way to be supportive of the OPs buying decision ya jackass... :eviltongue:

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
Yeah everyone wants to be bigger and better when a few months from now the newest one won't be so new anymore. I like apple and I'm not getting all wigged out on the technicalitys mis spelled oops. But yeah just remember who set the standard in the first place. I was able to order this about 3wks ago at a pretty reasonable price. Now that I have It I realize I didn't need it. But that's not why I got it. It's a awsome new toy that I get to rub in the old lady's face. We were fighting so I bought it on a whim. Lol. Whatever. More for entertainment than everyday necessity I get what you are saying about bigger and better but to each there own. It's fast and fun and that's all I want. So enough about that. Let's here about some sick apps anyone. Ill deal with the jailbreak and tether after I have had it for a min. Apps anyone

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I think i'm still missing the point of a tablet. for the same price as a laptop you dont have flash, office, etc... you must have wifi to use the net. I'm not bashing the iPad or its variants I'm just trying to justify any tablet be it Ipad, galaxy, xoom over a laptop PC or Mac.

dramad1

Reaction score
Just a fun Lil portable touch screen pos that who ever wants one can have one for the same price as a lab top without all the features lol. The shat we spend money on. Lol. Just another reason to go waste some more money. I'm diggin it

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
If you tether your iPad through your iPhone, and you don't have the new data plan, AT&T will flag your account and switch your plan to the new ones and not tell you until you get your bill. This is if you have the unlimited plan. If you use the jailbreak apps to tether, you will eventually get flagged.

As mentioned before, people haven't been caught yet, but I know a bunch who have. So do it at your own risk. If you want to tether without jailbreaking, you will have to pay extra to AT&T or Verizon to do so.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
hey mort, how would they know?? honest curiousity..
is it a bandwidth increase issue? I rarely tether, but when I do, it's only for short periods of time usually... don't let the kids watch hours and hours of movies....

dramad1

Reaction score
Hey thx for the info. That's what I was thinking as far as getting flagged. That sucks that they will adjust your plan without notification. I have seen the two tethered on you tube but both devices were jail broke. There has to be a way just don't know how yet. And I don't want to jailbreak unless absolutely nes. Been looking on you tube all night and have tried to get some paid apps for free but have to sync with I tunes etc. Still searching around if anyone else wants to chime in feel free

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
you'll steal paid apps, but won't jailbreak? lolz

dramad1

Reaction score
Helimx said:
you'll steal paid apps, but won't jailbreak? lolz

Yeah lol. Just a Lil sketched out about the whole jail break thing. I know a few that have had bad experiences that kinda made me think twice about it. Phones stop working or get locked up, unable to send or receive photos, etc account suspended and or wired charges.

RossK35

Reaction score
hey mort, how would they know?? honest curiousity..
is it a bandwidth increase issue? I rarely tether, but when I do, it's only for short periods of time usually... don't let the kids watch hours and hours of movies....
The iphone sends information in packets over the network at a specific number of 64. Other devices are a higher number, so its very easy for att to tell that the device isn't an iphone.

For example, you can put your sim card into a 3g ipad and you'll have internet, but att will see that and turn the 3g off because the ipad sends packets of 120 I think.

It really isn't worth using it at all unless you just don't care.

Not sure what verizon does if you tether on their network with a jb phone.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
Just a fun Lil portable touch screen pos that who ever wants one can have one for the same price as a lab top without all the features lol. The shat we spend money on. Lol. Just another reason to go waste some more money. I'm diggin it

isn't that what our androids and iphones are for though? lol

dramad1

Reaction score
braves011 said:
isn't that what our androids and iphones are for though? lol

Oh f yeah but I wanted the extra extra large version. Funny you say this cause a few days after placing my order I realized it was just a big iphone4. Lol. Who cares. Wait till it comes out in 3d lol. Add another bill.

Top Bottom