Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ipod connection to stock head unit

GABERMAN707

Reaction score
i tried out one by peripheral called isimple. the instructions said i needed a "SAT" or an "AM/SAT" button. do i really? i hooked up everything, but it was not showing up on stock deck. i couldn't figure out how to toggle on to it. i knew it was hooked up properly cuz it was charging my ipod. could it be the dip switches? it had 4 of em. which interface will definitely work for me? anyone selling one?

Edgeman

Reaction score
get the usaspec you wont regret it

Great minds think alike. I just ordered one from Crutchfield. Can't wait to install it! I think I'm going to run the connection into the center console glovebox vice the glove box. :rock:

THE MACF

Reaction score
Great minds think alike. I just ordered one from Crutchfield. Can't wait to install it! I think I'm going to run the connection into the center console glovebox vice the glove box. :rock:

I ran mine through the cup holder. Just leave the cable out with about 8 inches and push in the cup holder. gives you enough room to play with it while driving and you don't have to go digging through $hit.

GABERMAN707

Reaction score
get the usaspec you wont regret it

do you have one installed? how do you switch back and forth between it and radio/cd?

which one you getting? the pa12 or pa15?

THE MACF

Reaction score
I got the 15 which also works with my iPhone. Just push the buttons on the head unit or source button if you got aftermarket.

GABERMAN707

Reaction score
I got the 15 which also works with my iPhone. Just push the buttons on the head unit or source button if you got aftermarket.

so it works with the stock head unit right? and what buttons on the stock deck?

THE MACF

Reaction score
am/fm or cd. it acts just like a external changer so you can still use the in dash

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I had the USA-Spec DF-TOY previously and you toggled back and forth between it and cd with the "disk" button. :top:

GABERMAN707

Reaction score
i see. i'm debating on going back to the peripheral isimple brand to try one more time. what do you guys think? there are 4 dip switches. should all be on? should the configuration be the same as the usa spec? i don't remember if i tried pressing disk...

Top Bottom