Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

..ipod problem..

X20RUNNER08

Reaction score
Just got me a new kenwood head unit.. The Tuner, DVD and all the other stuff works but i

have a problem with the ipod hooked up.. Display is there and all but it has no sound:hmmmm2:..

can someone help me trouble shoot this thing.. Also is there a how to remove the head

unit.. cant seem to find any..

R1 Chris

Reaction score
What kenwood unit do you have ? If it is a ddx 812 512 or a dnx 8120 5120 you need to get the kenwood cable that has audio , video and USB. You can't use the apple USB cable. I can get you the part # tomorrow.

Hope this helps

X20RUNNER08

Reaction score
What kenwood unit do you have ? If it is a ddx 812 512 or a dnx 8120 5120 you need to get the kenwood cable that has audio , video and USB. You can't use the apple USB cable. I can get you the part # tomorrow.

Hope this helps

I have the ddx712.. i was thinking the same with the video and USB.. the shop just installed the USB one..and looked at the instructions, it showed the video and USB cable..
but well get me the part# and ill get it and test em out..:top:

R1 Chris

Reaction score
If you go with the cable by PIE part # KNW/USB-AV or Kenwoods Cable is KCA-IP 300V
This will fix it. I have a DDX 812 and my IPod work great.:top:

Snoopy_TXR

Reaction score
I have the Kenwood DNX7120 and I had that same issue. You Have to buy the Kenwood audio or the audio/video adapter cord for the deck in order for it to work. It is considered a separate feature item you have to purchase. depending on which cord you want the audio will cost less than the combination of audio and video.
The shop you bought it from should carry it. There are a variety of them so make sure you grab it for KENWOOD. Once you have that hooked up, u can kiss CD's goodbye.:rockon:

Last edited:

X20RUNNER08

Reaction score
If you go with the cable by PIE part # KNW/USB-AV or Kenwoods Cable is KCA-IP 300V
This will fix it. I have a DDX 812 and my IPod work great.:top:

I picked up the Kenwood cable KCA-IP300v.. installed it and it works now.. Thanks for the help Bro..

46&2_X

Reaction score
Easy get rid your IPod and get a Zune :biggrin:.

Top Bottom