Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Iron Man

House

Reaction score
Great movie. It had a deeper plot than I was expecting.

Coopstain

Reaction score
i liked it a lot... for some reason, i always thought Iron Man was paralyzed from the waiste down.... but in the suite he could walk, fly etc... am i mixing him up wiht someone else? Im hazy on my comics (been a long time... i was more into X-Men COmics when i was younger)....

Anyways, i actually thought it was a great movie... At first i was doubtful about RObert DOwny JR playing John Stark, but he actually pulled it off well. liked the war machine hints too.. looking forward to the sequal.

lucke

Reaction score
i liked it a lot... for some reason, i always thought Iron Man was paralyzed from the waiste down.... but in the suite he could walk, fly etc... am i mixing him up wiht someone else? Im hazy on my comics (been a long time... i was more into X-Men COmics when i was younger)....

Anyways, i actually thought it was a great movie... At first i was doubtful about RObert DOwny JR playing John Stark, but he actually pulled it off well. liked the war machine hints too.. looking forward to the sequal.
you're correct, but the movie is loosely "based" on the comic book...

just like in the X-Men comics/cartoons Rogue can fly... but in the movie she can't:dontknow:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
you're correct, but the movie is loosely "based" on the comic book...

just like in the X-Men comics/cartoons Rogue can fly... but in the movie she can't:dontknow:

The movie is based very accurately on the history of Iron Man, pretty much exactly. Stark does not become paralyzed until WAY later in the series, and he has a chip implanted in him that allows him to walk. Even though the chip allowed him to walk, his body continued to fail on him. He used a completely robotic version of Iron Man to fight for him, because his body couldn't take the pressure. The robotic version didn't work well, so he created another suit (War Machine) that Rhodes uses. Stark then puts himself into a coma, so he can let his body heal.

On the subject of Rogue, she could fly and had super strength, but they aren't her powers. In the comic book series, she used to much of her power and permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's powers, which included flight and strength. Why the film-makers didn't include this, is beyond me.

Hitman

Reaction score
The movie is based very accurately on the history of Iron Man, pretty much exactly. Stark does not become paralyzed until WAY later in the series, and he has a chip implanted in him that allows him to walk. Even though the chip allowed him to walk, his body continued to fail on him. He used a completely robotic version of Iron Man to fight for him, because his body couldn't take the pressure. The robotic version didn't work well, so he created another suit (War Machine) that Rhodes uses. Stark then puts himself into a coma, so he can let his body heal.

I hear a sequeal thats comming :rolleyez:

psykometal

Reaction score

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score

On the subject of Rogue, she could fly and had super strength, but they aren't her powers. In the comic book series, she used to much of her power and permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's powers, which included flight and strength. Why the film-makers didn't include this, is beyond me.

Well said. I was going to reply with the same for both Iron Man and X-Men. I guess I don't have to anymore...:top:

Top Bottom