Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is Hunting a sport?

Is Hunting a sport?

• Yes!

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • No!

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Only if you kill it with your bare hands!

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LC_XR

Reaction score
I say hunting is a sport. I have been hunting since I was a little kid, and trust me deer hunting is a year round ordeal. I guarantee not everyone is capable of hunting I would like to see people try to gut and skin an animal, it requires skill to be able to shoot a gun and place a shot in the kill zone instead of just wounding the animal and letting it suffer. I to am very passionate about hunting and growing up my father taught me how to read tracks and scrapes and how to find game trails. Say what you will about us hunters that hunt from stands but the next time you hunt and you get injured or somebody gets killed don't come to me looking for pity cause you ain't gonna find none. You have to be able to read and interpret tracks and signs to know where to place your stands. I go all year round filling feeders, clearing sight lines, moving stands to a better location, doing target practice to hone my skills, manage the property, its hard work some times but the reward that comes at the end is worth it every time. I too only kill what I am gonna eat, I would keep the head of a trophy buck but I eat as much of the animal as possible. Sorry for the rant but I love hunting more than I love my XR if you can believe that, thats one reason I am looking to get a bigger 4wd truck in the near future.

morcheez

Reaction score
i personally have no problem with hunting...i dont do it but i love me some deer sausage :rock:...but i did hear a comedian once....and i cant rmember who it was for the life of me but this is what he said..

"Hunting is not a sport because the other team doesnt know they are in the game"

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
"Hunting is not a sport because the other team doesnt know they are in the game"

Thats because they ARE the game, they arent really playing, but they sure are losing hahaha (PETA EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!!!)

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I dont think I could kill an animal to eat it. We've got people that do that for us. Taking an animals life would be hard for me, Id look at them like I do my dog and I would never shoot my dog. But I dont judge those that do. To each his own, right?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i agree with redxr and tacomatosed. hunting is a skill and it definitely is a sport. i also grew up learning how to hunt and fish. what do you think you are eating every nite at the dinner table. it didn't grow out of a petri dish. if you are in the sport of hunting, you kill what you are going 2 eat. why would you just kill for fun. not only is it a waste but your a little twisted in the mind. think about it, will your kids have the same opportunities as we did growing up?

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Definitely a sport in my opinion. The rush you get when you finally see your target after waiting is unreal.

07XR408

Reaction score
I agree. stalking an animal 10 mile to get a shot is hunting. sitting in a stand 5 hr is not

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
anyone who thinks that hunting is NOT a sport, i invite you up to alaska to go moose hunting with me this year. I had to treck about 25 miles into the dang mountains, that alone makes it a sport,and that's just where I started looking. then you have to find the moose, wich is a challenge all in itself.then when you do find it, you have to decide whether it is in a good spot to shoot it. It could be across a river, on a cliff or somewhere where you wouldn't be able to get to it. then once you do decide to make the kill, you have to quarter it out, and pack it all the way out. it is illegal to spot wild game from the air in alaska, wich means you hafta go looking for it on your own 2 feet. cuz most places that moose hang out during moose season are inaccessible by motorized vehicles. that, and the quad or truck would probably scare em off anyways. ( moose are infamous for being everywhere when not in season, and nowhere to be found when in season)
I've been hunting my entire life, i have never pointed a gun/bow or whatever at an animal or target that i was not willing to shoot. I fish and hunt to eat. period. I don't believe in "trophy" hunting. I have family that does that crap, and it infuriates me. I mean come on, how good could a zebra really taste? lol
sorry, for the rant, I'm just a huge supporter of PETA, people eating tasty animals.

EDIT: almost forgot, when i went moose hunting last year, i went out for 5 days, covered countless miles, and came away empty handed. But I plan on doing it all over again this year, with better results hopefully.lol
It's all about the hunt, not nessecarily the kill like all those rednecks on hunting shows say.

BigBuff87

Reaction score
Try wild boar hunting, those FAKAS come at you like they wanna taste your blood...a good sharp knife and an a pack of dogs will get your blood pumpin....

y you need tha dogs bro i go huntin hogs all the time and all i need is a knife lol (maby im jsut crazy like that)

helomech

Reaction score
It is a sport, it takes skill and knowledge to be successful on a regular basis. It also supplies my family with all the meat we need. I haven't bought meat for 2 years.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Hunting?

bow_and_arrow.jpg

I know there is something about hunting in this picture... I just can't find it right away.

LC_XR

Reaction score
Now thats what I'm talking about, a beautiful girl that ain't afraid to hunt. Need to get me one that ain't afraid to hunt. The hottest women come from Texas :eviltongue: :rockon:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that's f*ck*ng hot bro. nice pic. i gotta get me one of those. how much for that mod?...haha

helomech

Reaction score
Not as hot as her, but here is a pic of my wife with a hog she shot.

100_0050.jpg

kfxpro32

Reaction score
Try wild boar hunting, those FAKAS come at you like they wanna taste your blood...a good sharp knife and an a pack of dogs will get your blood pumpin....

o yea tell me bout it i can post pics of my hog hunt if ya'll want......

Last edited:

JBoogie

Reaction score
If your hunting with a high powered rifle, shooting animals from hundreds of yard away.. I think your a punk. If u hunt with anything else your OK.

helomech

Reaction score
If your hunting with a high powered rifle, shooting animals from hundreds of yard away.. I think your a punk. If u hunt with anything else your OK.

I hunt and have hunted every way possible, I can assure you I am no punk for shooting from 100 yards. I have used knives and bows, but the rifle is what puts the most meat on my families table. I shoot hogs at night from 200 yards away at least once a month. And I enjoy it every time I pull the trigger.

Do these look like I am scared of things, or as you put it a punk. These animals are still alive today, unless someone else killed them. I don't have my face in the first pic, because I was at work and could have gotten in trouble for catching that snake. Both were caught with my bare hands.

If you still think I am a punk you can come over and you can show me how you will kill one of the boars on my place.

MVC-032F1.jpg

rainbow001.jpg

This comment really got under my skin. So you think a punk is someone who goes out and shoots a animal, cleans it, and puts food on his table. But someone that goes to the store and buys meat that someone else killed in less sportsmans like way is not a punk. Do I have that straight. Yeah that cow had a great chance of not getting killed in that pin shot in the head. Yep you the man.:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom