Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is it possible to convert 05-08 Rear seats to 09-10 rear seats?

shaX 07

Reaction score
As the title states, i'm wondering if anybody would know if it is possible and if so how would one go about converting the rear x-runner seats (05-08 style) to the 09-10 style? Would this entail tearing out the under seat storage compartments as well?

gen2crvtec

Reaction score
the whole rear cab is different, yeah it can be done. anythings possible. it would be a pita tho

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
if you do the swap, i want the 05-08 rear panel, need it bad.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
The big problem I see is the whole in the rear panel from the "sub" that's stock from the factory, that and there aren't any perforations for the rear door spreakers :stupid:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
The big problem I see is the whole in the rear panel from the "sub" that's stock from the factory, that and there aren't any perforations for the rear door spreakers :stupid:

you can get the access cab without the sub, just look for the interior of a non X

it all snaps in, you would have any problems

the underseat compartment is different to allow it to open with the console

Justin

X-roller

Reaction score
I'll let you know about this and take pictures. It's actually not hard. I'll be doing it next weekend. I am gonna swap out with a base model 09. Me and him have been swapping out parts left and right just because I like all of his stuff and he likes all of mine... lol. :top: So we are swapping the rear interior pieces next weekend.

shaX 07

Reaction score
I'll let you know about this and take pictures. It's actually not hard. I'll be doing it next weekend. I am gonna swap out with a base model 09. Me and him have been swapping out parts left and right just because I like all of his stuff and he likes all of mine... lol. :top: So we are swapping the rear interior pieces next weekend.

Nice, please do let me know how it goes... I wish I could find someone with an 09+ that wants 05-08 rear seats that would just swap, but I don't see that happening... lol

X-roller

Reaction score
lol. It's possible. The guy doesn't like anything on an 09 for some reason... he is doing a straight swap for everything.... even my stock tail lights he swapped me for his LED ones.... I almost bought those the other day just because I wanted them so bad. :laugh: glad I didn't. I checked everything out and everything should pop out and pop right in.... :top:

shaX 07

Reaction score
lol. It's possible. The guy doesn't like anything on an 09 for some reason... he is doing a straight swap for everything.... even my stock tail lights he swapped me for his LED ones.... I almost bought those the other day just because I wanted them so bad. :laugh: glad I didn't. I checked everything out and everything should pop out and pop right in.... :top:

Yeah please let me know how the seat conversion goes. If it's super easy, I want to get mine swapped out for the 09+ style...

X-roller

Reaction score
they aren't comfortable at all... lol. The main reason I'm getting it is because of the extra center console.... and they have headrests that fold down.... kinda cool.... it's more for looks than anything. :top:

shaX 07

Reaction score
they aren't comfortable at all... lol. The main reason I'm getting it is because of the extra center console.... and they have headrests that fold down.... kinda cool.... it's more for looks than anything. :top:

They can't be any worse than the 05-08 seats.. and I think they'll work a lot better for small children.. When my GFs daughter (5 years old) rides in the back of my truck, if we hit big enough bumps, etc she bangs her head off the rear window, not something i'm ok with...

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i wouldnt do it personally...the back seats on the 09-10 are hideous...that and the speakers...i love everything else on it though...i like the fact that our seats can fold down and make access straight across...it looks more discreet too...

LunarX

Reaction score
picture of the rear 09-10 please!! i wanna see what all the fuss is about....

Top Bottom