Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is it worth it!?

To sell or not to sell.......

• Sell the ring - spend it on boost

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Keep the ring - ask again later

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Sell the ring and use the cash for a different purchase

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

PiNkY

Reaction score
Ok I've been dating my girl for about 7 years now about 3 years ago I bought a ring for her with a stone costing around 2.5k I think it was 3k with the bands. We were engaged but then shit went south and we took some time off for about 5 months so I have had this ring since - I think we have come to an unsaid aggrement to not get married rather just be together. So with that said would it be wrong to sell the diamond and bands for money to mod the X? :crinklehair:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
Booooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttt ftw!!!

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Does she still wear it? If not, see if she is cool with selling it and just hope you can get a grand for it cuz you sure won't get much more out of it.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
so ya'll are gonna be together but just be permanantly dating? if ya'll are completely split up sell that bitch and pay off your X, if its already paid off you got some mod money or you could build a man cave, or buy a beater/daily driver......

PiNkY

Reaction score
Does she still wear it? If not, see if she is cool with selling it and just hope you can get a grand for it cuz you sure won't get much more out of it.
No - it's been in my possession for about 3 years now.

How do you figure I won't get much for it? Diamond's keep there value I thought? And if you melt the the bands down it's just gold. It's a certified diamond with certificate.

so ya'll are gonna be together but just be permanantly dating? if ya'll are completely split up sell that bitch and pay off your X, if its already paid off you got some mod money or you could build a man cave, or buy a beater/daily driver......
I'll be done paying off the X in december but I've been playing with this idea for about the past 6 months.......just can't decide

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
so I'm the only one who didn't vote for boost lol :laugh:

x ynot

Reaction score
you can keep it for a while and wait till the price is right then go for boost

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
you should go BBK before the boost, what good is the power if you can't bring it to a stop.

PiNkY

Reaction score
Yea there are a few mods I wanted to knock out before going boost anyhow. trac bar, bbk, comp clutch

blastap

Reaction score
A diamand is forever but toys are in the now, Where do you stand?Sorry I might be addicted to adrenaline(motorcyles,My truck,etc.)

I got my girls ring 3 months before i popped the question. I am not in your situation so i have no bases for comparison, Is she the one? If she is then keep it without hesitation.

PiNkY

Reaction score
A diamand is forever but toys are in the now, Where do you stand?Sorry I might be addicted to adrenaline(motorcyles,My truck,etc.)

I got my girls ring 3 months before i popped the question. I am not in your situation so i have no bases for comparison, Is she the one? If she is then keep it without hesitation.
She is the one. Just think we are passed materialistic items like a ring to signify our love. People know we care for each other and the diamond isn't a must. but then again I suppose I should ask her - just figured in the back of her mind she wants it. I mean hell what women wouldn't want a freakin diamond ring.

hehehe i just want boost

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Why don't you save up money then mod the X? It's never to late to mod a vehicle. Are you in a hurry?

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
also once you got a ball and chain your finances mingle and the x might be neglected - then kids then reality of no room in the x then sell but with boost it can be the fun car and you could always excuse it as your pass time to mod but i digress

PiNkY

Reaction score
Why don't you save up money then mod the X? It's never to late to mod a vehicle. Are you in a hurry?
Yea I'm thinking once I'm done paying this thing off I'll start saving for the boost.
also once you got a ball and chain your finances mingle and the x might be neglected - then kids then reality of no room in the x then sell but with boost it can be the fun car and you could always excuse it as your pass time to mod but i digress
lol nice - I would never sell this truck man. It has a lil hangar for the baby carrier in the back seat!! Baby wants boost to!! ( if i ever have kids )

phat_free

Reaction score
IMO you should be able to do what you want with it. But, I would probably just mention to her what you plan on doing with it just to be on the safe side. Those situations can get a little tricky. As far as the value..... Did it come with a GIA or other grading certificate as far as the cut, clarity, color etc.... If you take it to a jewelry store or a pawn shop or something like that, they will not give you very much for it. Because they need to make their money. If you have an appraisal with a certificate, try selling it on ebay or something like that and you could probably get 25 to 50 percent more than what a retailer would offer you. If she doesn't like the idea, tell her you'll save half of what you get to take her on a vacation or something like that and use the other half to save for the boost or other mods for your truck. Sorry for the wall of text.

5000XD

Reaction score
Sell it brother! No need to be hanging on to it.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So with that said would it be wrong to sell the diamond and bands for money to mod the X? :crinklehair:

Hell no! Like said, you bought it. And it was for the purpose of getting married. You and her are not getting married, so sell it! Mod that X out! Hell, I would!

ntinhri

Reaction score
Ok I've been dating my girl for about 7 years now about 3 years ago I bought a ring for her with a stone costing around 2.5k I think it was 3k with the bands. We were engaged but then shit went south and we took some time off for about 5 months so I have had this ring since - I think we have come to an unsaid aggrement to not get married rather just be together. So with that said would it be wrong to sell the diamond and bands for money to mod the X? :crinklehair:
what sucks is that youll never get what u paid for out of that ring.. But if your staying with the hoe, just sell the damn ring!:laugh::ahhhhh:

Coupe

Reaction score
3 grand is a cheap price to have a happy woman.

The older you get, the higher the price goes.

Top Bottom