Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is it worth it!?

To sell or not to sell.......

• Sell the ring - spend it on boost

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Keep the ring - ask again later

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Sell the ring and use the cash for a different purchase

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

sinister07

Reaction score
The problem is that it's hard to sell shit like that for what you pAid. But if you can do it and
Mod the x for sure!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Don't sell the ring, price of gold rarely goes down and diamonds are forever. Have the ring redesign for the next girl you may meet one day. Selling it to buy parts for the XR is bad investment, little return on it.

livinginsa

Reaction score
Boost

Iceman is right. The ring isn't going to be worth much. Diamonds and gold rings are high markup items. You pay for the design, not the value of diamonds and gold. Have you ever wondered why the jewelry stores are so big and beautiful; someone is paying for that, the customer. I know you won't get a thousand dollars at a pawn shop. I went to a pawn shop, and they told me that they pay $100/carat. They didn't care what the quality of the diamond is at. So if someone has a .5 carat diamond, they pay $50. Prices are going to vary from pawn shop to pawn shop. I was told this about 10 years ago. Probably,today, they would give one twice as much money for the diamond.

If you want to invest in diamonds or gold, that is done completely different. I buy the gold coins, gold double eagles, for about $1,300 per coin. I just do it because Obama is in office. In case he screws America up too much, I have a backup plan. I took a picture of one that I just bought, see it.

I would ask her if she thought you should sell it. I think that puts you into a stronger position by saying that. If one holds on too tight, one loses the one, one loves. It is like when you act like you're not interested in someone, and they work hard to get your interest, kind of the same thought. When they don't want to get married it is because they are still looking around, and they think that they can do better or they are looking for something that one isn't providing. I see it all of the time. I have a few people that have worked for me. They guys get jealous of me, the old man, not because I am a great package but because the women want something that the guys aren't providing. It can be as simple as going out and partying with them. I am the old guy here. I have a lot of experience. Put yourself in the right position by enjoying yourself, get the boost (the supercharge has been holding its value better than any diamond ring).

Attachments

• P8190295.jpg
    P8190295.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 92

Murderface

Reaction score
I had my wifes ring insured before I gave it to her! Got it apraised for $4799 and only paid $2200 for it. If I lose it(wink wink) I get $4799:top:

So go get insurance on it buddy!

Kolt45

Reaction score
I've been in the retail jewelry and owned a pawn shop for 10 years. The problem with reselling a ring like that is our intial markup. I dont care what jeweler you go to be it Kays or Fred Meyer, we mark up retail 1000%. Yes, you heard right we add a zero. So the ring that is 3k, we paid wholesale from the factory around $300. Thats why we can have 80% off sales and still make bank. Now that is mostly designer bands with lots of little stones that "add up" to 2 or 3 carats. If its a single stone 1 carat or more, you should be able to salvage alot of the price back right now...large stones are up in price if GIA cert . Best way to move it if you have paperwork/appraisal is sell it your self on craigslist ect. Diamonds are such a rip off, after working the industry for so many years it makes you sad. Average 1 carat diamond is worth about $20US in the African mines and about 90% are scrapped to industrial use to keep the market high. Never never invest in diamonds unless you can get in wholesale.
my 2.75323 cents worth.
-Kolt

ntinhri

Reaction score
I've been in the retail jewelry and owned a pawn shop for 10 years. The problem with reselling a ring like that is our intial markup. I dont care what jeweler you go to be it Kays or Fred Meyer, we mark up retail 1000%. Yes, you heard right we add a zero. So the ring that is 3k, we paid wholesale from the factory around $300. Thats why we can have 80% off sales and still make bank. Now that is mostly designer bands with lots of little stones that "add up" to 2 or 3 carats. If its a single stone 1 carat or more, you should be able to salvage alot of the price back right now...large stones are up in price if GIA cert . Best way to move it if you have paperwork/appraisal is sell it your self on craigslist ect. Diamonds are such a rip off, after working the industry for so many years it makes you sad. Average 1 carat diamond is worth about $20US in the African mines and about 90% are scrapped to industrial use to keep the market high. Never never invest in diamonds unless you can get in wholesale.
my 2.75323 cents worth.
-Kolt

thats why we can buy stuff in st. thomas and have it appraised in us for 5x8 times what we paid for it!! dont forget US wants their duty on it too..

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Honestly ask her. Coming from a girl....ask her. She maybe afraid to wear it again. You said the relationship fell apart. Maybe she is afraid that if she wears the ring and wants to get married it may fall again. Why change something that is not broken. But like all the other guys said the ring might not be worth much. A ring is always wroth more to you then to the pawn shop/buyer. I knwo my ex gave me a ring, it was apprased at $14,000. I know he didn't pay that for it but he did pay a fortune. The courts gave it to me in the settlement and when I went to sell it they offered me $ 2,000. I just kept it. Had it melted into something different and the diamonds used in my design.

Just my two cents but u spent the money already. If she says sell it be careful, it could upset her.

Happy Wife happy Life :)

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
If you want to invest in diamonds or gold, that is done completely different. I buy the gold coins, gold double eagles, for about $1,300 per coin. I just do it because Obama is in office. In case he screws America up too much, I have a backup plan. I took a picture of one that I just bought, see it.

and sell your gold to goldline :laugh:

xrgilly

Reaction score
lol i sold my sled to get my wifes ring
everyday i think to my self i should have just waited and saved the money

anyway sell and spend brother injoy your money

u can always buy another ring if it feels right later
but u might not have this truck later

PiNkY

Reaction score
Wow that's alot of freakin awesome insight. I think after reading all this I'm going to just keep the diamond and melt down the bands into something new. I think she is a little afraid to wear it again because after the ring went on the finger thats when it got weird. I was only her 2nd boyfriend so she kinda freaked. We were kind of young as well. We are matured now and have been through so much more. She is def. the one - not some "hoe" as stated. I sure would like boost and a few other mods but like few have stated this is my toy - it's better to keep your woman happy. Thanks for all the input and a diff. view on the subject.

Hehe besides now I feel like my small lil .5 carat diamond aint shit compared to a 14k ring!! I'll post up a pic just for a piece of mind. The diamond is a medium clarity and cut and near colorless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom