Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

is the gaylord bed cover any good?

Toon714

Reaction score
im thinking about changing out my roll n lock bed cover for the gaylord bed cover with the speedster wing.
i saw that the gaylord has a auto opening bed cover. is that true? anyone have a gaylord bed cover?
i like my roll n lock kuz its motorized. i can open/close my bed cover from my viper car alarm remote.
would be nice if i can do the same with the gaylord bed cover.

Murderface

Reaction score
I don't have one but I've seen many in person and in every color and they are the best looking hard cover I've ever seen. I personally wouldn't want one just for the simple fact that sometimes I have a payload that's taller then the bed rails and a hard cover would need to be taken off to carry that load. Well that and I have a BSP so a soft cover doesn't stick out like a sore thumb as it would on the other 3 colors.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a speedsturr, I sold my a.r.e. Cover and drove from toronto Canada to Harrisburg Va to get it! I have it hooked up to my viper 5901 and love it!!

As for larger loads it has a quick disconnect in which it can be removed in 2 minutes(need 2 people) with no tools! The ms and I have done it a few times. The only complaint I have is that the lock leaks but other than that it's well worth it!!

Gadget

Reaction score
I think it is a nice looking cover.

My paint is growing little tiny bumps in it, like the measels.

The locks in the back that hold it down are always screwing up.

It is heavy.

But, it is the best looking one out there!!

Do you have a SWB??

I like the Rolling Lock covers.....

G

Toon714

Reaction score
I think it is a nice looking cover.

My paint is growing little tiny bumps in it, like the measels.

The locks in the back that hold it down are always screwing up.

It is heavy.

But, it is the best looking one out there!!

Do you have a SWB??

I like the Rolling Lock covers.....

G

nope. im silver streak mica. :smile:
yes i agree the gaylord cover looks real clean looking.
the roll n lock is nice but it breaks ez. mine broke already. i ahve to open by hand now. :thumbdown:
so now im thinking about the gaylord tl series. since it has auto opening. which i like. :rockon:

I have a speedsturr, I sold my a.r.e. Cover and drove from toronto Canada to Harrisburg Va to get it! I have it hooked up to my viper 5901 and love it!!

As for larger loads it has a quick disconnect in which it can be removed in 2 minutes(need 2 people) with no tools! The ms and I have done it a few times. The only complaint I have is that the lock leaks but other than that it's well worth it!!

wow that is bad ass. that u can take off the cover in 2 min.
the roll n lock is permenet. i can open it. but i lose about 10 in off the bed kuz of the motor to open the bed.

if u guys dont mind me asking. how much does the gaylord go for painted?

Last edited:

EhdzXrunnR

Reaction score
Cost me 1571.63 for everything including tax. I drove to SantaFe from San Diego for installation.

blu xr

Reaction score
sounds cool, does anyone got pics of this on a swb xr.....maybe with wing & stripes?

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
I got quoted 1650 to have it installed painted and all at a local shop ... Alot of money :(

Toon714

Reaction score
wow so basically 1500-1700.
i should be getting my new roll n lock bed cover next week.
i got a new one kuz of my warranty.
gonna sale it and buy a gaylord TL series.:top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I have a tl series and my hinges keep breaking....granted they are designed to break to protect the cover, but the issue is especially in my boat. The truck is always loaded down and every bump disturbs the cover. Ive taken it down several times to readhese the hinge with gaylords actually adhesive but it still keeps failing. In the absolute honest truth, the autoopen isnt worth the hassel versus the x2000 hinge system. I love my tl greatly dont get me wrong, but it always breaks at the wrong time. About 9 - 14 months between readhesions...

Top Bottom