Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

is this under warranty?

dailycruzr

Reaction score
i noticed a few weeks ago the paint on each side of the rear bumper is peeling, its gotten progressively worse and i was wondering if this is covered or not?:hmmmm2:

P1014351-1.jpg

P1014354.jpg

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
i think something like that would be covered. I can understand them fighting paint chips, but that is faulty prep on the bumper before paint

Justin

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I would like to think that it is, but in all honesty it epends on the dealership you bring it to :top:

rich017

Reaction score
Yes.

Paint that is peeling should be covered under warranty. That is completely different than chipping paint.

HI08xr

Reaction score
its like 1 out a thousand x-runners that they made.factory didnt do so well sanding befor painting.
there is always a product out there 1 out of a thousand is defect. something like that.
am i right or am i wrong?

Vashx51

Reaction score
I would go talk with them and if you have more then one dealership around and one says no then try the others. I have 2 by me and I run them against each other all the time with my cars.

LUGNUT

Reaction score
I would like to think that it is, but in all honesty it epends on the dealership you bring it to :top:

Yea it really more or less depends on the service manager... He could b a d1ck or he could b chill about it... At Bayside (the dealership I work at) He's real anal about stuff. If you even have a cold air intake, he says it voids ur manufacturers warranty... Good luck though, let us kno what happens! :top:

dailycruzr

Reaction score
thanks for the responses! im gonna take it in maybe tomorrow or tuesday. ill keep you guys updated

BlackCat

Reaction score
Did you buy the truck used or brand new ? The reason I ask is if you bought it new and know for a fact that the rear bumper was never touched, then you may have a case. If you bought it used, then you could be out of luck.

The only consideration is that some manufacturers intentionally omit paint and trim from their bumper-to-bumper warranties. In such cases, the paint and trim will typically only have a 1year warranty. I don't know if this is the case with Toyota or not.

It's not uncommon for new vehicles to experience paint damage during shipping from the factory. In that case, either the dealer or the port facility (for imports) will refinish the affected parts. It's possible that your rear bumper was dinged on the transport and repainted before the truck hit the showroom floor.

dailycruzr

Reaction score
well everyone i finally got my bumper fixed but not in the way i wanted to. a couple days after putting the post some kid backed into me while straightening out the truck he was driving and bent the crap outta the bumper. we traded info and as were waiting this kids family tries to fight paying for it saying i backed into him, it was a short lived fight though. the kid ended up being 16 with only a permit driving alone, and he was in a dually f 350. so it was obvious who was at fault. they scheduled me to go into Auto Body World 4/16 which was a while away but anyways i just got it back today and they replaced the cover/ reinforcement and spoiler pieces so it looks brand new!!! insurance also covered a rental so the last week has been torture, they gave me a 2009 kia rondo. its not a bad car just goofy looking and slowwwwwww.... all in all i would recommend Auto Body World to the AZ guys. total cost was 1,187.43 sucks for that kid but oh well:biggrin:

shaX 07

Reaction score
It definitely better be, that's some BS :motz:

X-roller

Reaction score
Covered....I used to be a painter...I worked at a paint and body shop. That is straight up bad prep. Nothing you can do about that...it's a manufacturer defect. :thumpdown:

xrfritz24

Reaction score
hell yea it is, if they dont come down here and my dealer will fix it for ya.

X-roller

Reaction score
well everyone i finally got my bumper fixed but not in the way i wanted to. a couple days after putting the post some kid backed into me while straightening out the truck he was driving and bent the crap outta the bumper. we traded info and as were waiting this kids family tries to fight paying for it saying i backed into him, it was a short lived fight though. the kid ended up being 16 with only a permit driving alone, and he was in a dually f 350. so it was obvious who was at fault. they scheduled me to go into Auto Body World 4/16 which was a while away but anyways i just got it back today and they replaced the cover/ reinforcement and spoiler pieces so it looks brand new!!! insurance also covered a rental so the last week has been torture, they gave me a 2009 kia rondo. its not a bad car just goofy looking and slowwwwwww.... all in all i would recommend Auto Body World to the AZ guys. total cost was 1,187.43 sucks for that kid but oh well:biggrin:

lol....lucky break....beat any xrunners in the kia???....:driver: lol

TICOMAN

Reaction score
THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOU.....ALL DEPENDS ON THE SERVICE MANAGER.....GOOD LUCK...... GIVE THEM HELL :motz:

Top Bottom