Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just finished djm 3 inch drop

III

Reaction score
lookin good! quick question is that the 3/3 or 3/4 ? and hows the ride without a notched frame??

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
^ i need to know too! lol :top:

The ride without a notch sucks. maybe not so much with 3in blocks and Qa1's, but 4 inch blocks, your frame will be riding on your axle. Its bouncy and bottoms out HARD. Many hawaii guys, including myself are running Air shocks. They smoothen out the ride a bit but raise the rear up in the process. I would run a notch but my main concern is the shitty drivers around me who could possibly rear end me.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
There are tons of threads on here where people complain about the ride with 2" in the rear and bottoming out, I can't even comprehend why anyone would still use a 3" or 4" block without the notch. I don't want to notch my frame and that's why 2" is as low as i plan on going

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Jeremias truck is lowered 3 inches and doesnt bottom out and rides good from what I can remember.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
My x is 3/3 with QA1's with no notch or bump stop brackets and it rides fine. I bottom out every now and then on a big bump at highway speeds but that's about it.

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
There are tons of threads on here where people complain about the ride with 2" in the rear and bottoming out, I can't even comprehend why anyone would still use a 3" or 4" block without the notch. I don't want to notch my frame and that's why 2" is as low as i plan on going

Sure you don't want to notch? Got the ok to start offering Skyline Steels fabrication Services. Boxed weld in notch I will be doing for a local here in a few weeks.

256476d1392408181-az-bs-thread-2-0-20140214_125148.jpg

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I may look into it but at this point those funds will not be available till I start selling some of my car parts and on top of that I still have one item pending that I want to purchase.

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Well keep me posted. Took me all of 30 minutes to get this drawn and burnt unlike Brian who takes over a month.

III

Reaction score
My x is 3/3 with QA1's with no notch or bump stop brackets and it rides fine. I bottom out every now and then on a big bump at highway speeds but that's about it.

outta curiousity whats your QA1's set at ? (im assuming u have the 18 setting set)

Top Bottom