Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just got TUNED !!!!! =)

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Finally got my truck tuned ... :rockon:

Before: (with pre loaded MAF map from Gadget) 239 rwhp & 266 lbtq

After: (Custom Tune) 248 rwhp & 276 lbtq

I think those are pretty good #'s with these mods:

URD y-pipe
URD Catback
TRD Intake
aFe Throttle Body Spacer
URD MAF CAL

The guy was impressed that my truck pulled that well.. My AFR is 12.6 at WOT !!!! We tried so many different combinations of rich and lean AFR's and 12.6 stood out by far as the best to run. Also this run was done in 98 degree weather, should even feel better in Florida Winter at 65 degrees :smile:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 96

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
You'll probably run more lean when the temperature drops... Good job though makes me want to do it now lol

xrgilly

Reaction score
what was your tunning cost was it worth the extra 9hp and 10lbtq?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Did you drive all the way to Gadget, or did you use a local to you tuning shop while he sent you files? Those are awesome numbers. I need to get my Maf cal tuned so bad since I've put the URD tcai on my x.

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Gadget sent me the preloaded map when I bought the MAF CAL, there is this place called japtrix by my house that is the real deal that tuned it for me. They are the known poeple to go to around here.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Kool, I wish I could get mine tuned,but the local tuning shops up here charge about 325/hr. Which is more than I can afford.

burnboy

Reaction score
Its actually quite easy to do your self. If your lap top dosent have serial port get a usb to serial converter. If you have knowledge enough to figure out how to create a file and save your base tune, you can create a second file to make adjustments on and if you ever need just reload the base tune and start again

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a nice improvement. Hp per dollar is good as well. I would say well worth it. As well as the fact that now you have a summer tune. I would get another winter tune, if you see the AFR's start changing.

Plus you can pick up a little more power as well.

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
That is a nice improvement. Hp per dollar is good as well. I would say well worth it. As well as the fact that now you have a summer tune. I would get another winter tune, if you see the AFR's start changing.

Plus you can pick up a little more power as well.

GOOD IDEA !!! WINTER and SUMMER tune ... hmmm :hmmmm2: ..... :top:

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Nice numbers Brian. But what happened to "I heard bad things about them and I'm going to go somewhere else" deal? lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently they weren't that bad...lol

08x

Reaction score
co he just gave up since he was like ok ill just try them

Gadget

Reaction score
That is a very impressive result.

Keep in mind that on many trucks just adding the TRD supercharger with no other mods gets you in the 260-270 RWHP range.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It would certainly be funny to see an N/A Taco be a stock S/C taco. Lol. Hmmm

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Dude you should get some headers now. In 54 deg weather I got 249 rwhp and 297 tq with my headers, trd intake, urd 3" and untuned maf cal. Your truck will be even more of a beast if you add those headers and once the weather cools in the winter. I wonder how much better your current setup would run in my crappy Washington weather.

rexrunner

Reaction score
Our truck have a iat sensor installed in the maf. So its knows to compensate when temp drops due to denser air. He might even run a little richer but our fl temps don't have too much affect. ;)

You'll probably run more lean when the temperature drops... Good job though makes me want to do it now lol

Top Bottom