Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just order th doug thorley long tubes....

liquidhype04

Reaction score
just ordered em! be here saturday! i dont know much about installing anything but my friend seems to know a bit. with 2 of us and limited knowledge besides the instructions that come with them and the write up on here... how long are we looking at taking from start to finish?

also any things i should expect?

thanks guys!

blazinx

Reaction score
well congrates and your looking at @ 1-2 hours depending on f you are using power tools and remmeber be CARFULL when takeing out the sensor

MancheX

Reaction score
If you know how to handle tool, you can do the job. Its very easy and straight forward...a monkey with the right set of tools could do it. Only thing to remember, as blazinx said, is to put A LOT of wd-40 on the sensors and let it sit for about 45 mins. A lot of people have stripped the threads trying to take them out. GL and you're gonna love the headers!

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
liquidhype04: congratulation bro:top: you will be very impressed :biggrin: don't forget to take pics and a video :wink:

Xtacy

Reaction score
id say roughly 2 hours maybe a little longer. Just take your time, dont try n rush it...I would take off anything that would clear up room, makes it a lot easier. use wd 40 on the o2 sensors...go thru the wheel well to get the bottom header bolts

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Important Precautions

1) Buy a snsor socket to remove the AFR sensors b4 removing the manifolds. also, put the sensors in after you install the DTLTs. Be VERY CAREFUL w/ them!

2) When taking off the passeneger side manifolds, be VERY careful not to crack/break the AC lines.

3) Unbolt the exhaust at the Cat-Back flange. This will give you more wiggle room when taking off the manifolds and when installing the DTLTs.

4) Install both from teh bottom. Driver's side is alil tricky. Just be patient and take your time.

5) Loosen the bolts that hold the exhaust bracket to the tranny. This will allow you to move the bracket so it lines up w/ the third bolt hole(bottom flange) on the DTLTs.

your gonna love teh DTLTs...:top:

Oh ya! Make sure to take pics of DT Man....:rock:

Last edited:

RossK35

Reaction score
4) Passenger side headre goes on form the top. Drivers side goes on from underneath., this side is alil tricky. Just be patient and take your time.
I've always put them both in from the bottom and have never had a problem. Its actually harder to go from the top.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
If you know how to handle tool, you can do the job. Its very easy and straight forward...a monkey with the right set of tools could do it. Only thing to remember, as blazinx said, is to put A LOT of wd-40 on the sensors and let it sit for about 45 mins. A lot of people have stripped the threads trying to take them out. GL and you're gonna love the headers!

Dude, you wont be disapointed. Put mine on this weekend. They are awesome. Where did u order em from? Did u get the o2 sim?

If you have question on the install, give me a call on my cell 9158209139 (anytime). It was a pretty easy install for me, MANCHEX, and 06XRSW.:top:

EDIT: FYI ull need a little elbow-grease when you have to break the bolts going from the stock manifold (the end) where it bolts to the stock exhaust. You just keep loosening them till they pop. U should get new bolts with the kit, but you will need to buy nuts for the ends. BE CAREFULL pullin out the stock o2 sensors. People on this site have messed them up taken em out. Sprayed mine with WD 40 and let them sit. Loosened them with a rench and pulled em strait out.....

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
EDIT: U should get new bolts with the kit, but you will need to buy nuts for the ends. BE CAREFULL pullin out the stock o2 sensors. People on this site have messed them up taken em out.

I used the stock "nuts" :top:

You trying to say something about my "mishap"...:dontknow: thats not nice...:biggrin:

I've always put them both in from the bottom and have never had a problem. Its actually harder to go from the top.

correction made, thanks :top:

Last edited:

Yallrun

Reaction score
4 hours by myself and a few busted knuckles. :biggrin:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I used the stock "nuts" :top:

You trying to say something about my "mishap"...:dontknow: thats not nice...:biggrin:

correction made, thanks :top:

nawwwww,......

thats how we did mine

Last edited:

liquidhype04

Reaction score
Dude, you wont be disapointed. Put mine on this weekend. They are awesome. Where did u order em from? Did u get the o2 sim?

If you have question on the install, give me a call on my cell 9158209139 (anytime). It was a pretty easy install for me, MANCHEX, and 06XRSW.:top:

EDIT: FYI ull need a little elbow-grease when you have to break the bolts going from the stock manifold (the end) where it bolts to the stock exhaust. You just keep loosening them till they pop. U should get new bolts with the kit, but you will need to buy nuts for the ends. BE CAREFULL pullin out the stock o2 sensors. People on this site have messed them up taken em out. Sprayed mine with WD 40 and let them sit. Loosened them with a rench and pulled em strait out.....

awesome guys thanks so much!!! i got them from URD and got the O2 sim too! URD FTW!!

Top Bottom