Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just Starting to Wrap

dramad1

Reaction score
Looking good. Was gonna ask the same^^ about the heat?? I did the pillars that the oh s$@t bar connects to and lasted only a few days. Wondering if you used the adhesive promoter? All in all looks sick as f.

elynor_v

Reaction score
Overhead console
DSC09633.JPG

Diver's side
DSC09637.JPG

To be continued...

elynor_v

Reaction score
Looking good. Was gonna ask the same^^ about the heat?? I did the pillars that the oh s$@t bar connects to and lasted only a few days. Wondering if you used the adhesive promoter? All in all looks sick as f.

Thanx! I didn't use any extra adhesive until the end of my "project". The CF on my door panels started to lift when it got hot so I ordered some 3MPrimer. Metrorestyling sells 3 little tubes for about $5 on ebay. I just kinda spot tacked wherever I thought I would need it around the edges. So far so good. :smile:

mh3kgt

Reaction score
Looking great. I can't wait to start wrapping some stuff in my interior too. Gonna do a lot to the taco this coming winter. All black interior, double din, cf wrapping and LED interior lights for sure.

elynor_v

Reaction score
Looking great. I can't wait to start wrapping some stuff in my interior too. Gonna do a lot to the taco this coming winter. All black interior, double din, cf wrapping and LED interior lights for sure.

This was my first time with CFV and after I got the hang of it, I started finding all kind of extra stuff to wrap. Have fun with it and post pix! :top:

elynor_v

Reaction score
is this hard or time consuming??
recomendation on where to buy??

I think it really depends on what you want to wrap. Once you get use to heating and molding the CFV, it can be a lot of fun. Any part you can remove from you X will be easier to wrap versus working around things in or on your truck.

I got my CFV from ebay and there was a member who offered it here. Just be sure to get an extra roll of CFV in case of errors. Good luck! :burnout:

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
you were right it took a a couple trys to get it but im ordering more today... yours looks great btw

Generation-X

Reaction score
I think it really depends on what you want to wrap. Once you get use to heating and molding the CFV, it can be a lot of fun. Any part you can remove from you X will be easier to wrap versus working around things in or on your truck.

I got my CFV from ebay and there was a member who offered it here. Just be sure to get an extra roll of CFV in case of errors. Good luck! :burnout:

You look like you are ready for something like this :)

http://youtu.be/0aV2H57bES4

Top Bottom