Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kenwood vs. Eclipse vs. Pioneer

trd_sport

Reaction score
Which unit would you guys go with? I already have navigation through my Garmin, so I don't need that feature. I believe the Eclipse units are the easiest to install..correct? All I need is a screen for DVDs and something that will give me better sound quality as I upgrade my speakers and add a sub. Ideas???

XDsm

Reaction score
Eclipse and Pioneer are both very good units. Eclipse are more plug-n-play but I prefer the sound quality of the Pioneer over the Eclipse.

trd_sport

Reaction score
What's the most you guys would pay for those units without the Nav? I'm not an audiophile but is the difference between pioneer and eclipse that noticeable? It's going to be raining here all week, so I'm looking to do this now lol, what model # you guys recomend?

Bobby B

Reaction score
I've always owned Pioneer, but after seeing Jonathons I for sure will be looking into the Eclipse it looks pretty nice. For the record I have never had a problem with Pioneer!

bcutshall

Reaction score
i have the eclipse avn6610 and i love it.

sorry for the crummy pic but my camera is on it's death bed...

IMG_8835.jpg

Last edited:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I'm leaning towards the eclipse. What all would be needed for install besides the unit and dash kit? This is going to be my first sytem install myself btw.

bcutshall

Reaction score
that's it. harness is direct plug in. i was told on the 5510 the steering wheel controls aren't a direct plug in but on the 6610 they are.

trd_sport

Reaction score
that's it. harness is direct plug in. i was told on the 5510 the steering wheel controls aren't a direct plug in but on the 6610 they are.
Thank you so much, I almost had an argument over the phone with an audio guy saying that I needed all sorts of harnessess because eclipse did not make oem apps for toyota:stupid:

lenie03

Reaction score
i'v been told that the stock unit is eclipse :dontknow:

rexrunner

Reaction score
the stock unit is actually panasonic, its printed on the side of the radio. I thought it used to be eclipse too

trd_sport

Reaction score
:hmmmm2: That's what I've been told too, so you do in fact need a new harness? or will the 6610 plug into the stock harness?

rexrunner

Reaction score
I hear that they will be a direct fit. also eclipse is made by a company called fujistu ten. I think that is also who makes panasonic, so maybe thats why. we need an audio guru to come in.

bcutshall

Reaction score
:hmmmm2: That's what I've been told too, so you do in fact need a new harness? or will the 6610 plug into the stock harness?

i just installed mine a few weeks ago. you don't need a harness. it plugs right in, including the steering wheel controls.

trd_sport

Reaction score
i just installed mine a few weeks ago. you don't need a harness. it plugs right in, including the steering wheel controls.
:top: That answers my question, thanks a lot man.
Now where is a good place to order the 6610 from? ebay has them for 13-1400.:dontknow:

bcutshall

Reaction score
i purchased mine from an authorized dealer. if you do that you get a 3 year warranty and a theft warranty. if it gets stolen in the first year eclipse will replace it for you. crutchfield is an authorized dealer but you will pay full price. they might also be doing the $200 mail in rebate on installs from an authorized dealer. if warranty isn't an issue, then ebay is your best bet.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Thanks guys, looks like I'm going with the 6610, just need to look for a good buy:top:

Top Bottom