Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kicker Solo-Baric

dpollard04

Reaction score
I've just installed a Kicker Solo-Baric L7 10" in the X and it sounds good but I think It could be better. I'm just wondering for those of you who have Solo-Barics what model do you have and what size/kind amp is pushing it?

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
You still want more out of it... I think they're loud as hell! What amp are you running?

CodyWayne718

Reaction score
Better in what way? Sq or what....they're not really sq subs but they will produce some bass.

adamewwy

Reaction score
I'm running a 15" Solobaric L5 and it hits hard. I have a Kole Audio 1440 watt amp pushing it. I have it wired up parallel. I used to have a Hifonics Brutus amp putting 700rms watts to the L5 and it was almost too much. The Kole Audio amp is pushing prolly 500rms watts and it has some solid deep bass. The Solobaric line is great for some ground pounding deep bass but they aren't great for SQ as some other members have mentioned.

What kind of box do you have your sub in? I'm running mine in a ported box tuned to like 135hz or something close to that. It is a perfect box for that type of subwoofer. I tried a sealed box setup for awhile and it tightened up the bass response some but really took away the lower frequencies.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
adamewwy said:
I'm running a 15" Solobaric L5 and it hits hard. I have a Kole Audio 1440 watt amp pushing it. I have it wired up parallel. I used to have a Hifonics Brutus amp putting 700rms watts to the L5 and it was almost too much. The Kole Audio amp is pushing prolly 500rms watts and it has some solid deep bass. The Solobaric line is great for some ground pounding deep bass but they aren't great for SQ as some other members have mentioned.

What kind of box do you have your sub in? I'm running mine in a ported box tuned to like 135hz or something close to that. It is a perfect box for that type of subwoofer. I tried a sealed box setup for awhile and it tightened up the bass response some but really took away the lower frequencies.

Those hifonics amps for the money get the job done, when I had a l7 10 I was running a hifonics amp. And ppl would ask "you have 2 12's in there "

darthyota

Reaction score
Those hifonics amps for the money get the job done, when I had a l7 10 I was running a hifonics amp. And ppl would ask "you have 2 12's in there "

thats funny cause i used to get asked that over my 10"l7 in a ported box running off of a 650rms kicker amp way back when i had my pathfinder

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
darthyota said:
thats funny cause i used to get asked that over my 10"l7 in a ported box running off of a 650rms kicker amp way back when i had my pathfinder

Those kickers are the best bang for your $$$$

darthyota

Reaction score
$1100 for one sub, one amp, one custom built box and install

adamewwy

Reaction score
I've got $220 in my 15" L5 in ported box and then $230 in the Hifonics till I took it out...the Kole Audio I got from a buddy for like $60 bucks. So I've got less than $500 in my entire setup...that's bang for your $$$

darthyota

Reaction score
Ya but mine was bought all new and just over cost keep in mind I'm in Canada and we get raped on everything

adamewwy

Reaction score
The L5 and the Hifonics was purchased new..oh yeah I forget you guys up north get taxed hard on everything...sucks bad.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
adamewwy said:
The L5 and the Hifonics was purchased new..oh yeah I forget you guys up north get taxed hard on everything...sucks bad.

What's the tax up there?

06 xr

Reaction score
one 12" L5 with clarion 1000w bridged in ported box, hits as hard as 2 round 12's

dpollard04

Reaction score
You still want more out of it... I think they're loud as hell! What amp are you running?

Ive got a Power Acoustik 2000 watt mono block D class running it @ 1 ohm. It just seems like it should hit harder with that much power. I researched the set up for over a year before I pulled the trigger. The box is .88 square foot which is right in the middle of the specs for a sealed box for the sub. Any ideas what I may be missing or am I just expectiing to much?

COMEGETSOME

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack a thread but I have a memphis pr.1 500 barely used it's a mono amp and delivers pier 500 watt rms super clean sound great amp lights up in blue. Asking 150$ you pay shipping.

Top Bottom