Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kiwi Wifi Issue

melon16

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Kiwi unit....

I got it to connect once, but all it did was see the vin number and sense the rpm for about 2 seconds...

Is the transmitter box supposed to flash between red and green? It kind of seems like the instructions for this thing are lacking a troubleshooting section....

Thanks for the help--I'd hate to have wasted 40 bucks on an iphone app lol. :canada:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Once you get it working, keep us posted on what you think of it.

Crazy technology nowadays!!!! If I had a need for it, I would get it...

nine9six

Reaction score
I'd love to help, but I don't even know what this is. :hmmmm2:

I work in IT (network and PC tech), and I'm our companies iPhone support guy (at least they pay my phone bill!). This might be something I can help you with if I had a little more information.

I'm about to run out the door to get my windows tinted, but while I'm gone if you can post or link me to some information about this I'll do whatever I can to help resolve your problem. :top:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I'm also interested in your opinion of it after u resolve ur issues.

rice247

Reaction score
So it was $40 for the iPhone app plus whatever that module cost?

I know this might sound stupid, but you wifi is turned on right? Does that PLX thing show up on avail wireless networks you can connect to?

Try rebooting your phone and that PLX thing and try to connect again.

Put up a review of that thing if you get it to work. looks pretty interesting.

melon16

Reaction score
yea its not cheap, but my scan tool that just erases codes was 80 bucks---so i get a new one of those and I can see all of my engine parameters real time.

wifi turned on and it finds the plx signal and connects to it, but the plx transmitter box flashes green and red, and the programs very rarely sense the module. I'm using REV and LogWorks....Rev is the one that is 40, logworks was free.

I've rebooted both multiple times to no effect.

rice247

Reaction score
You are able to connect to other wifi networks right?

Try going in to settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings then try again. If that doesn't work, try creating a ad-hoc network with your laptop and try to connect to it to see if you can stay connected. Last resort would probably be restoring your iPhone/iPod Touch then trying again.

Is there an app that you can run on your laptop? You can try to connect to it via ad-hoc that way too just to troubleshoot and see if your issue is with the module or your iPhone/IPT

melon16

Reaction score
yea no other problems--i've also tried restoring the iphone---it seems to me that the wireless dongle that plx gives you is not supposed to flash---i think its actually a hardware issue.

rice247

Reaction score
Sounds like it. hopefully they can get you a new one or help you set it up. If you do get it working, let us know how you like it. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
If u bought it from URD then u should be calling Gadget:top:
1 (877) 887-3872 ext 3

I'm sure he can help u

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you set your static IP network address correctly?

There is a little paper in with the KiWi WiFi that tells you how to do this. It takes about 5 seconds and then you will link right up.

G

DC29

Reaction score
so how much have you spent in total on this whole thing, including apps?

and do you have to buy each and every app?

i mean like if i wanna see rpms do i have to buy THAT app? and if i wanna switch over and watch something else like (idk) timing or spark advance do i have to buy those specific apps? in turn making the whole experience cost more money..

melon16

Reaction score
Yea followed the "this wont take long" instructions to a tee----and also joined the plx forum where they said try adding another IP address to the next bar down...no help there.

its actually a constant flash green where it says LINK---the faceplate was on backwards lol.

also tried two other cars and no dice there either.

I would call gadget but unfortunately I work nights...if I can't figure it out on PLX's forum, then i guess i'll have to get up in "the middle of the night" and call him up haha.

Gadget

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bigger problem than normal. Try contacting PLX right away and see if they can get you squared away or warranty the unit.

G

melon16

Reaction score
hey gadget

I sent an email to urd a little while ago and no response---can you get me another copy of my receipt so i can get this thing fixed? thanks

order # 9711 sat feb 20th....would like to get this fixed asap because i havent got to use it yet and with the app its like 200 bucks....

thanks man

Top Bottom