Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

knocking rod....

T-stark

Reaction score
so talked to toyota today told me it was a rod knockin and i gave them permission to pull the oil pan by the way they are talkin if the motor dosnt have any sludge then they are going to cover it do yall think i should have sludge? i have 76,000 miles on it and changed it every 5 or 6,000 miles with royal purple

Murderface

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I thought I heard that Royal Purple tends to sludge the motor after some time. Something about that special additive they use?

blastap

Reaction score
if your gonna sell a quart of oil for 8-9 bux then it better not sludge up.

oneredx

Reaction score
Danm right ....especially if you are changing at 3-4 k....not at that price....

4VsX

Reaction score
So any sludge in the car? Ive never used royal purple. Used Amsoil. Wondering what the outcome was. :dontknow:

T-stark

Reaction score
im not gonna know till monday or tues when they pull it apart ill let yall know im gonna be pissed if i do then i got to find a couple grand or pull a loan to fix my truck

STONER-X

Reaction score
there shouldn't be any sludge.. as long as you took care of reg. oil changes and didn't use cheep oil... valuecraft motor oil $.99 for 10 quarts... you should be fine... i had 130,000 miles on my sentra before i sold it never saw any signs of build up.. if you ever had the valve covers off then you should be able to see signs of it there...

don't let them just tell you... go and look for your self as ask where the problem spots are and have them point it out to you

Last edited:

T-stark

Reaction score
so talked to toyota today they are going to cover it under warranty they are ordering me a new short block and putting new valves in my heads im so happy right now its unreal ill make sure to check the oil everytime i get my truck out of the shop now

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
glad to hear that toyota is biting the bill on this 1 bro...congrats...:top:

T-stark

Reaction score
lol you and me both idk how i was going to afford it being a full time student with a sorry excuse of a job

X-roller

Reaction score
lucky mofo!!...grats brotha nice to know the truck won't be outta commission to long!! :)

T-stark

Reaction score
yeah im excited to get it back im drivin ol faithful right now ( 1989 2 door step side chevy 1500 5.7 350 with a 4/6 drop) love my old truck just not with the built turbo 350 i have in it highway sucks! 80mph its turning allmost 4,000 rpms yeah GREAT gas millage lol

X-roller

Reaction score
lol...so you are paying partially for your engine because the amount of gas you will be spending now....still cheaper!! :biggrin:

T-stark

Reaction score
yeah lol prob gett a whole 7 or 8 mpg i should put a sticker on the back that says buy a hybrid i need your gas lol

T-stark

Reaction score
good news guys heard from toyota today should be gettin the truck back within the next week

but bad news im prob gonna trade it in my parents really stressin me to move on to something with less problems and is still in warrenty

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sucks that you are going to have to give her up. :bawling: Going to have to have a little fun before you let her go though. :rolleyez:

T-stark

Reaction score
cant have to much fun its a new motor...... im prob just gonna drive it like a lil ol lady

Top Bottom