Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KOOL VUE/EBAY CAI Installed!!!

driftguy92

Reaction score
Ok so first things first it is not a permanant so please dont bash me on the ebayness lol. But for 45 bucks im not complaining. anyways it was a pretty easy install, came with everything needed such as pipe,heat shield,filter,hoses,clamps,mounting brackets,instructions, and best rubber weatherstripping stuff for around the heat shield to protect the paint and to keep it nice and sealed up from heat. And I LOVE IT. Seriously gives the truck the sound i was hoping for and looks awesome. p.s. its pretty much the same thing as the k&n to me and sorry about the dirty engine hahaha

Attachments

• IMG_20130513_102859_170[1].jpg
    IMG_20130513_102859_170[1].jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 151

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
You got that for 45????? Any gains? And to other members could a cheap cai like this cause damage ?

Looks good though!

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
looks awesome man! don't see why that intake shouldn't be permanent! why spend an extra $200 for something that won't look any better, sound any better, or perform any better! as long as the filters good i wouldn't replace it!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
You got that for 45????? Any gains? And to other members could a cheap cai like this cause damage ?

Looks good though!

it appears to be an identical copy of the k&n intake which i've been running for over a year now without a single problem! sounds amazing, looks great, and definitely gives you a nice little gain throughout the entire rpm! he shouldn't have any problems. looks to be the correct sized tube and as long as the filter works well (dosn't fill his engine with dirt) he just got a killer deal!

driftguy92

Reaction score
Yup 45 bucks off ebay with free shipping. the actual brand name is KOOL VUE it can be purchased other places then ebay but ebay was cheapest with free shipping. Only gain really was a smile on my face when the throttle is to the floor lol. i cant really tell a power gain maybe slightly in the 3-4k rpm range but nothing to brag on and as for mpg's they didnt change much due to having fun listening to the sound its REALLY LOUD at 4k rpm.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Yup 45 bucks off ebay with free shipping. the actual brand name is KOOL VUE it can be purchased other places then ebay but ebay was cheapest with free shipping. Only gain really was a smile on my face when the throttle is to the floor lol. i cant really tell a power gain maybe slightly in the 3-4k rpm range but nothing to brag on and as for mpg's they didnt change much due to having fun listening to the sound its REALLY LOUD at 4k rpm.

ya man they sound incredible hey! you should notice slightly better mileage when you're not flooring it :laugh:

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
so after your install does it seem pretty decent quality with the fittings or anything you would suggest done different?

and does it work with the engine cover installed?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Made in China. Be watchful of rust in the tube, and the coating coming off.

driftguy92

Reaction score
so after your install does it seem pretty decent quality with the fittings or anything you would suggest done different?

and does it work with the engine cover installed?

The only thing i would really buy is better hose clamps. I did strip one. But other then that instructions had horrible pics but u can watch the k&n install video on YouTube cause they are exactly the same thing. And yes it will work with the engine cover on but it looked REALLY funny and bare since ur missing that big black air box so I left it off.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Hmm a it looks like its a k&n sticker away from adding 12 hp.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I think he means that if the inside of the tube rusts your engine will be eating rust flakes as its last meal

ahhhh didn't think of that! well than if you buy that intake i'd just pull it off after one season and take a close look to make sure you don't have that problem. its not gonna rust over a short period of time unless you go off roading a lot.....which i hope knowones doing in there X..... :laugh:

Vandy01

Reaction score
I'm not buying it.

I live my life, go hard or go home. So I got a urd intake...

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
looks good man, and if you are planning on getting another one later on there is alot of options but mean time enjoy the extra 10hp bro..i wonder if a maf cal would make a diff in your case

X_Less

Reaction score
ahhhh didn't think of that! well than if you buy that intake i'd just pull it off after one season and take a close look to make sure you don't have that problem. its not gonna rust over a short period of time unless you go off roading a lot.....which i hope knowones doing in there X..... :laugh:

Off roading isn't the only way to cause rust, Winter moisture being sucked through the filter will cause rust as well.

I would be careful with the filter, The K&N filter has shown not to actually do any filtration until it's already dirty, This cheaper filter would put get me a little un easy about how well it will keep contaminants out of the engine.

dramad1

Reaction score
Off roading isn't the only way to cause rust, Winter moisture being sucked through the filter will cause rust as well.

I would be careful with the filter, The K&N filter has shown not to actually do any filtration until it's already dirty, This cheaper filter would put get me a little un easy about how well it will keep contaminants out of the engine.

I agree and would opt for an oil less filter as well. Your just gonna dirty up the maf sensor and throttle body with that oiled filter and possibly get some contaminants in the engine.

Top Bottom