Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lambo Doors

xmoney jr

Reaction score
lambo doors is a ehhhhh............(my mouth just shut)

also it is ur truck so yeah
good luck with that though

Last edited:

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
if you get the high quality ones with the auto open close and hydralic assist that dont close on you or give you barely any room then i say go for it bu any low quality job regardless of the mod can turn out badly

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I don't know. Its has been discussed before. Definitely one I would have to see in person. It would look cool maybe if it was a show truck, but I think (if you didn't get the nice ones as Ratrodyo is talking about).....they would get annoying after a while. My only thing would be how it would effect the safety of the X in a side impact situation. That could be a killer.....seriously....

xrspeedway

Reaction score
my opinon evryone has them and they just dont look good. but its ur truck

HiFi-08XR

Reaction score
doesnt go with the flow of the car.suiside doors i have on my X...just the 2 back tho...hahaha

xrunish

Reaction score
$20 says even with this bad feedback from everyone he's still thinking about getting it... jk bro but yeah lambo doors? rather get a drop kit

BlackCat

Reaction score
My only thing would be how it would effect the safety of the X in a side impact situation. That could be a killer.....seriously....

Absolutely ... !

The side impact door beams in your vehicle are designed to work with the factory hinges and door latches. With the lambo door kit, you take the factory hinges out of play.

I got into a fight with some punk kid on a Mazda forum because he put the lambo door kit on his RX-8. He made a HUGE fuss about how the hinges were 50lbs apiece and how they were so strongly welded on the frame of his car.

Yeah, you're a winner, you just added 100lbs to your car for ... nothing.

I countered that though the welds may be strong, they are only as strong as the sheetmetal that they're attached to. You can superglue a bounder to a piece of paper, but that doesn't mean the piece of paper can lift the boulder.

The factory hinges are designed to work with the reinforcements in the door jambs and those reinforcements may not line up with where the lambo door hinges get welded to.

But, like everyone else said, it's your money, your vehicle, your choice. I just ask that you choose wisely...

Knight Runner

Reaction score
You are better off using that money on something better like force induction.

1LOYOTA

Reaction score
i had lambo doors on my x and took them off because its a pain in the as* to get in and out and you have to cut your fenders

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
i had lambo doors on my x and took them off because its a pain in the as* to get in and out and you have to cut your fenders

Welcome to XRU bro :top: and that would be the biggest hassle with lambo doors, getting in and out. I would do it if it was'nt my DD but it is. Let us know if you get them bro. I personally think the lambo doors look good.

OK, not really.

Venomous_X

Reaction score

dont suppose you have any pics of your truck....I know you dont have enough post yet but man id really like to see it :top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Both 'lambo doors' threads merged to keep all pics, info, thoughts, ideas, etc... in one place:top:

dont suppose you have any pics of your truck....I know you dont have enough post yet but man id really like to see it :top:
**FYI, the FIRST page in this thread has pics of an X with lambo doors!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Both 'lambo doors' threads merged to keep all pics, info, thoughts, ideas, etc... in one place:top:

**FYI, the FIRST page in this thread has pics of an X with lambo doors!
Thanks David, but I want to see pics of 1Loyota's X, not of the swb's that have been seen before :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
It's almost the end of 2009... people still want Lambo doors? Why not just get Spinners or some Gold Ds why you're at it? Put some Swangas on it like Mike Jones's Bentley... C'mon son.

Red_Hott

Reaction score
i like the look of them....i say go for it...but like previous have stated go with a kit that you have to weld on not a bolt on kit....i know a chick who used to have them on a civic and after about a year her door started to sag, so when she closed them she had to pick up on them when she went to close the door....just another thing to look into when installing them....another problem ive heard is the door not rotating high enough and people busting their heads open when getting out on the bottom corner of the door

Mr.X

Reaction score
not my cup of tea i dont think it looks good its a truck for crying out loud

Top Bottom