Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lancer MR

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
See an evo pull out behind me. It was lowered and had exhaust and don't know what else. We get a red light. This ought to be fun. His car was packed. 3 people in the back and 2 up front. I ask the passenger how much boost he is running. He turns to the driver and to ask him. The drivers reply was how much right now as he is stopped. :dontknow: I said no, how much at wide open throttle. He said I don't know with a dumb founded look on his face. :hmmmm2: I asked if it was his car. He looked around as if he didn't know what to say then he said no. Light turns green so I ease out of first and said to hell with it and nailed it. I jumped him a little cause he got on it right after i did. I ran the truck through 3rd and let off. He stayed 3 cars behind me not pulling at all. :blurock: I don't know if he couldn't drive or if the car was that slow. A win is a win through. Of course he did a ricer fly by after that. That is when I saw the MR badge on the back.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Either a terrible driver or he wasn't racing. Those things are in the 12s with just above stock boost. Even stock it's a low 13 sec car. It's amazing how slow a fast car can be with a bad driver.

Last edited:

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
Their should of been no way I beat him. He needed a driver mod. :laugh:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Nice killins. I bet the added weight didn't help. But yea bad driver im sure

Slay0r

Reaction score
so at a red light u just gunned it without them acknowledging a race? Not much of a race then. But hell, if you woulda asked them more questions, you mighta found out that the car was stolen lol. Hard to believe anyone that has 1/2 a braincell left doesnt know what you mean by "how much boost are you running"

Scarface

Reaction score
Was it an autozone mr badge? Also, await just lowered cause of all the people?

Murderface

Reaction score
Aren't all Evo X MR's automatics with the twin disc paddle shifters? They also have launch control on them, been doin my homework lately checking out the Evo X and the different trim levels. My wife can't drive stick and I still think I would never get the Evo X MR because it's an auto even though it's still quick as shit. Not sure why they changed the MR's after the Evo 9 from manuals to all autos? Guess I'll have to drive both Evo X and Evo X MR to see which one I enjoy better but I have a feeling that I'm gonna like the auto better.

Slayor which type of Evo X do u have? Is urs a MR? Don't remember seeing u say that it was but if u have drivin the MR how did u like it?

Slay0r

Reaction score
when he said MR i immediately though of an Evo 8 or 9. For the the Evo X the GSR is a 5spd manual and the MR is the 6spd auto-manual (yes its still technically a manual) twin clutch SST trans.

the old evo 8-9 the MR was the 6spd man i believe, im still new.

Unfortunately i drove NO evo before i got my GSR. There were no used or new Evo Xs in Louisiana at the time.

edit- theres pro and cons of either trans. And for some reason, when i was shopping for my GSR, the MRs were about equal in price (b/c not many ppl want them)

Toon714

Reaction score
I drove my friends evo 9 mr
Its fast as hell for only having downpipe and exhaust.

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
It was the old style body right before they changed to what it is now. I'm sure it was an actual Mr because it had the little air louvers or what ever you call them above the front windshield. Yea I did leave before him but he immediately got on it right after i did. I was waiting on him to pass me but never did. I only ran the truck through third then let off. i don't take this as a win against vehicles because his should of beat me. I take this as a win against driving ability. He sucked. It was a stick manual, not an automatic or paddle shift because I could hear the blow off valve and watch the nose of his car drop and come back up when he shifted.

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh 8 and 9 are essentially the same just diff bumpers i believe

heres a 9:
6037622036_b432170850.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
The air diffusers for the MR are on the roof above the rear window not the front window FYI.

Slay0r

Reaction score
splitters in the front diffusers in the rear:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
when he said MR i immediately though of an Evo 8 or 9. For the the Evo X the GSR is a 5spd manual and the MR is the 6spd auto-manual (yes its still technically a manual) twin clutch SST trans.

the old evo 8-9 the MR was the 6spd man i believe, im still new.

Unfortunately i drove NO evo before i got my GSR. There were no used or new Evo Xs in Louisiana at the time.

edit- theres pro and cons of either trans. And for some reason, when i was shopping for my GSR, the MRs were about equal in price (b/c not many ppl want them)

Only thing that sucks about the Evo's >>> trans costs about $15K if it goes out. :stupid:

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh i know that the SST trans would b b/w 10-15k since its a sealed unit/cant be reapired

The strangest thing is that SST trans is also in the Ralliarts. So in a few years those cars are only going to b worth that much lol

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup saw a rallyart at the stealership, only thing they had....no Evos at all ever! Saw a couple vids on YouTube about the SST trans having issues especially with launch control

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh, and with the rallyarts you essentially can just bolt up an evo turbo and intercooler and pipes and make it just as fast, just wont have all the evo goodies

Grumpy

Reaction score
12 second car without 12 second driver is no good. /realtalk

While the full name include both, in the real world it is refer to as such.....Lancer = NA turd and Evo = boosted beast. No confusion between the two.

Top Bottom