Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Latest PC Gear Pictures

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
As some of you know the geeks on this site from time to time start a thread to show their digital HP.

My latest addition to my PC has been:

2x GTX580 graphics cards in SLI with a 1200W Corsair PSU.

With GPUs and CPU maxed im already out of power supply headroom.... I was going to do 2x 850W power supplies but I didn't have the room.

Here is a picture of the new gear and a video of the PC drawing so much power that it causes my UPS to spazz out lol.

SLI.jpg

UV1.jpg

UV2.jpg

You can see in this video when I initiate the stress test utilities that power draw (in kilowatts) rapidly jumps up to over 1,100 + Watts (110% load); the UPS spazzes out around 1,000 Watts (pretty awesome - 1.2 KW computing power :laugh:).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0Hc0BeNJA

Last edited:

Grumpy

Reaction score
No 1.21 Gigawatt @ 88 mph = no care :eviltongue:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
No 1.21 Gigawatt @ 88 mph = no care :eviltongue:

That's what I was thinking! :top:

"But I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need."
Nuke it! :top: :laugh:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
radUV.jpg

UVwater.jpg

Doug's water cooled system (at least it used to be):

Fittings: Bitspower & Feser 1/2" Barb/45/90s
Coolant: Feser F1 UV Blue (anti-conductive/corrosive)
Reservoir: EK RES-150
Hose: Tygon 3603 7/16"
Pump: Swiftech MCP655 (D5) with EK Mod top
CPU Block: HeatKiller Copper 3.0
Northbridge/SouthBridge/Mosfet Heat Piped & liquid cooled waterblock (stock)
Radiator: Feser TFC Xchanger 360mm (120mm x 3)
Fans: (6x) Gelid Wing 12 UV Blue (High CFM low noise)

Read through this thread for more info:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=32702
:top: and :adore:

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
ok educate this non computer geek girl....... why the tubes???(water cooled right???) why???
why the lighting??? when there are covers on it u can't see it right???

adamewwy

Reaction score
geeked out for sure fellas...but mos def the most bad A computer I've ever seen.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
damn is ur cpu water cooled?

Yes, the CPU and the north bridge portion of the chipset.

ok educate this non computer geek girl....... why the tubes???(water cooled right???) why???
why the lighting??? when there are covers on it u can't see it right???

Yes lab grade tubing for the really harsh coolant I use (this stuff will melt plastic).

Yes it is water cooled, why? Heat.

I heavily overclock my systems (like tuning a PC for power) which generates a ton of heat; water allows me to cool the processor down (and keep it down over sustained periods) beyond what even the best air cooled designs can do.

Example: A stock 2.4 GHz processor tweaked to run at 4.5 - 5 GHz

I use UV lamps, I put UV dye into the coolant; why? It looks sweet! :blurock:

I leave the case cover off so I can see it and so the radiator gets maximum cold air flow.

G33K!!!!

everyone knows you never cover up the goods

hahaha in this case its true again.

GEEK IS haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uAbmka5Ko

Last edited:

hiflyer

Reaction score
Nice system!

I'm running a single 580, but I don't game much

Running the Corsair H70 for my water cooling of my CPU & it gives me 4GHZ for my AMD system

Not quite the same, but on the same track ;)

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Nice system!

I'm running a single 580, but I don't game much

Running the Corsair H70 for my water cooling of my CPU & it gives me 4GHZ for my AMD system

Not quite the same, but on the same track ;)

Nice! Man you are into everything aren't you? haha.

Here is my Heaven DX11 Bench: http://www.hvmotorsports.com/pubdlmisc/computer/heavenbench2.html

Average: 114.4 FPS

I love this benchmark tool http://unigine.com/products/heaven/, give it a shot.

What games do you play?

Ohhhhh an AMD guy... don't even start. :laugh:

I want to water cool these cards so bad (they run hot as shit overclocked).. But building an entire other loop for them is so much damn money and space.

The CPU/Chipset radiator:

radiator.jpg

spdstyl

Reaction score
have your parents kicked you out of the basement yet....
sick thou

Celiblue

Reaction score
I used to have a badass peltier cooled/watercooled setup back when I lived with the parents in HS. I remember when I first bought an AGP2X vid card LOL. It was a AMD K5 that I managed to overclocked to 633 or some odd Mghz. I has the holes all over the case that looked like the SONY Walkman blob logo looking thing. Once I turned 19 and moved out, I stopped keeping up with the times thanks to the real world. Jumper pins are old school, i miss them!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I used to have a badass peltier cooled/watercooled setup back when I lived with the parents in HS. I remember when I first bought an AGP2X vid card LOL. It was a AMD K5 that I managed to overclocked to 633 or some odd Mghz. I has the holes all over the case that looked like the SONY Walkman blob logo looking thing. Once I turned 19 and moved out, I stopped keeping up with the times thanks to the real world. Jumper pins are old school, i miss them!

I overclocked my Intel Pentium (1) 75 MHz processor to 150 MHz way back in the day of computers as well (1995) using jumpers haha, thought it was the shit back then. I wish doubling your processor speed was still as easy as changing one or two jumpers.

Today pushing these new processors to their absolute edge takes a lot of time, cooling, testing, and patience; it really has gotten much harder with the latest I series platforms.

What the hell kind of CPU water block did you use on your AND K5? Did they even sell them that long ago lol? What did you make it out of? Shit they really didnt even need a heatsink back then hahaha and half of the retail PC pentium ones I ever took out didnt even come with thermal compound applied to them.

how much does that computer cost Doug?

More then id like to admit. :laugh:

have your parents kicked you out of the basement yet....
sick thou

Yup sure have, they got tired of paying the electric bill long ago lol.

Thanks man.

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
OMG i dont freakin believe it....thats just scary......these things gotta fly....

Top Bottom