Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LED gauge mod

Shortgun

Reaction score
I wanted to change the colors of my leds in the gauges in the dashboard but im still undecided on the colors i want to use. I was thinking of doing either white or blue numbers with either blue or white needles. Can someone post some pics of theirs so i can get an idea of what i wanted to do. Thanks. Btw how long do these LED usually last before they burn out?

redarkx

Reaction score
If soldered correctly, the led's will outlast the truck.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
im interested too i would be diggin some blue/red LED gauges.how hard is this assuming i am mechanical inclined enough to take apart my dash lol

Shortgun

Reaction score
i was talkin to mixplate_xr and he was saying that he could do it but i gotta get the leds first. I havent really decided on colors yet and am taking any suggestions. Im really bad at anything electrical so the most id be able to help do would be to pull my dash.

gunner76137

Reaction score
These were mine in Ol'Blue. did them myself ,you have to take everything apart and unsolder and solder like 12 or 14 tiny led's . If you havent ever worked on circuit boards Dont attemp this!!
000_0007.jpg

Then with the new face plate.
100_1542.jpg

BluDemon

Reaction score
Did you have any issues with your needles after changing out the LEDs?

shane881510

Reaction score
LEDs won't work

do u have a close photo of stock led. I got my LEDs posistion wrong. lights won't work

azjay

Reaction score
I went with the white, left the needles red. White with blue needles would look killer.

Top Bottom