Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LED lighting issues

bluXkid

Reaction score
So 6months ago I upgraded my tails to the 09+ LED OEM tails. They were awesome. However I wanted my turn signals LED as well. So, I went and purchased some LED load equalizers and some super brights led bulbs. Wired them up correctly and threw the bulbs in. BOOM they looked and worked great for about 2 weeks. Now tho, when I first get in my truck in the mornings or afternoons(basically after the truck sits more than 5hrs) when I push my brakes my right turn signal lights up front and rear as long as I'm holding the pedal. It doesn't flash, it just stays illuminated with my brakes. It only does this for a mile or so then it's all good again. Tonite however, it did it for like 20 miles and to boot when I put my right signal on the brake lights and 3rd brake lights flash with the turn signal. WTF is going on?

Before you say it , I have already disconnected all that I did back to stock....it still did it.

Please help

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Have you changed your flasher to a LED flasher? Did you also convert the front to LED as well? LEDs are really wierd like that. If the load on them is not equal to the resistance of the other bulbs in the circuit you will end up with all kinds of wierd stuff. Also another thing to think about is current only flows one way in a Diode. Also that current has to reach a certain amount in order to pass through the diode.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Nope. Fronts are still halogen bulbs. And still factory flasher. I may have figured it out. I have a towing harness tapped into my tail light section. Guess the previous owner towed stuff. Anyways, it's got a power wire run to the battery with an inline fuse. I pulled that bad boy out and replaced turn signalcfusecwith a 10amp insted of 15amp. I've had no problems since Saturday.

Thank you for the tips and suggestions my friend.

bluXkid

Reaction score
It's back. Lol But now when I switch my turn signal on BOTH my stop lights flash. Including my 3rd brake light. I've even pulled out the LEDs and load equalizers out. It's stock. I'm at wits end.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Fixed. Was feeding back through all the towing harness. Removed all of that crap. Fixed.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I have to say it was entertaining reading your back-and-forth with this issue haha, glad you solved it.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
LEDs are weird when it comes to current draw. I sell them all the time and customers are always pissed when they don't work the way they want them too. Easiest thing to do is change the turn signal flasher to one that supports LEDs you can get them at any auto parts store. Then you won't need the load equalizers. I'm running LEDs everywhere except my fog lights and headlights. I'm having zero issues with them. Silvania Zevo LEDs are bright enough for street use. Some LEDs don't have enough wattage to really be visible during the day. Just some advice for future peeps who want to swap over to LEDs.

Top Bottom