Led Lights?

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by XLR8, Mar 27, 2011.

1. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Anyone done led turn signal lights or brake lights. Not the replacement housings but just the bulb. I need info on what is needed. Seems no sites have a complete system with led light , flasher, and resisiter if needed.

2. BlackCat

BlackCat New Member

3. firesquare16

firesquare16 New Member

The issue with the LED bulbs is they are not extremely bright during the day. You would want a high wattage/count LED bulb and a resistor for the turn signals. I have LED amber parking lights in the front corners and 1 watt white lights in the tag light.

Waiting to afford a set of replacement LED tails.

i got my bulbs from www.ledlight.com

4. CBRBob

CBRBob Active Member

Yep, the brightest you can find. Ones that have the leds on all sides and facing out. Get the ones that have the flat square leds, not the small bullet shaped ones that people are familiar with. The flat square ones shine light at a wide angle, the bullet shaped ones are very directional and narrow angled.

5. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

6. dj_lucas840

dj_lucas840 Active Member

V-leds has about all sizes too! That's who I order from, can get them cheaper on their eBay auctions, And they got life time replacement!

7. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Any info on load equalizers or flashers to use for front turn signals?

8. CBRBob

CBRBob Active Member

Can use flashers, ours are a toyota only item. Use the load eqs. One on each corner.

9. Emanon

Emanon New Member

Negative on that sir. :) LED hyperflash fix Iceman and I are running this and no issues to date slight PITA to install but a lot easier than resistors.