Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Led turn signals

09blmonster

Reaction score
I want to install led turn signals but people say I need a resistor so it doesn't blink fast is there another way?

JFrame

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with switching to LED signals cause my truck had them on when I bought it. Here is what I got when I Googled it though. This module seems easy and may be an option.

Super Bright LED's

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Im sorry but there isnt. I have all types of led relays for turn signals but they have not made that one yet. I have sent out resistors to other guys. Its not that difficult but I know how u feel.

roy365

Reaction score
Other than a resistor to change the load of the LED, I guess you could buy a new set of headlights off Ebay that have a resistor built in. LOL.

It's not hard to install a load resistor inline of your signals. Cut/splice/crimp or solder/shrink tube. Done.

NODRULN

Reaction score
yeah i have them installed on my honda and unless you like the super fast blinking you have to add a relay or resistor.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

DO NOT GET THIS BOX.

Guys I do this for you all. That is not the box for your turn signals and u would shockingly not believe how big it really is. Miami_X can testify to this. I used his truck for R&D for this relay. The above relay does not fit.

Other than a resistor to change the load of the LED, I guess you could buy a new set of headlights off Ebay that have a resistor built in. LOL.

It's not hard to install a load resistor inline of your signals. Cut/splice/crimp or solder/shrink tube. Done.

U can also line tap as well. Beats doin all of the above.

I want to install led turn signals but people say I need a resistor so it doesn't blink fast is there another way?

If u like PM me and i will work out a deal for you. With the LEDs and resistors

Last edited:

roy365

Reaction score
I just don't like the line taps yet for some reason. Maybe they will get me sometime. I'm old school and like to visually see and know my tap connection is good. I have yet to try the ones that have a spade terminal for the accessory you are adding. Maybe they work better?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I like those too. I feel better with those cuz it visually shows me theres a good connection.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
DO NOT GET THIS BOX.

Guys I do this for you all. That is not the box for your turn signals and u would shockingly not believe how big it really is. Miami_X can testify to this. I used his truck for R&D for this relay. The above relay does not fit.

This fits in the stock location and is the same size as the stock one....I have had it installed for 2 plus years with no issues whatsoever. Just informing all of my personal experience. As for me if I can do a mod myself I will do it. This was a simple mod and completely fixes the issue without touching any wires. Simply locate the stock flasher under the dash and replace with this one. I am not in to cutting into my electrical system as I would be sure to F something up, this alleviates all of the guesswork.

Do you only need one of these?^^

Only one is needed....see the link in my original post.

Last edited:

S1000RR

Reaction score
You both are correct.

If your Tacoma has factory DTRLs you will have the big blue one. If you don't, you will have the smaller one, and thus can use the smaller gray box.

black betty 07

Reaction score
Ok, well I don't own my X any more, but I'm gonna disclose a useful piece of information that after trial and error made a huge discovery....I had LED lights thru-out my truck and what I did to correct the fast flash, was change the flasher under the dash to Lexus IS350 flasher which fit right where the factory X flasher went.The IS350 has LED taillights and such.It corrected it and i think i spent 10 bucks or so.If you pull up the factory flasher for your X and then pull up the flasher for the IS they are identical just have a slightly different part #.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
You both are correct.

If your Tacoma has factory DTRLs you will have the big blue one. If you don't, you will have the smaller one, and thus can use the smaller gray box.

Plz post a pic of this....I have these available. I will admit though that if so i most certainly was not aware of this.

Top Bottom