Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lesson Learned... (Long story)

Ratrod25

Reaction score
hey titanrattler831, my phone is beening retarded, i txt you, did you get it?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
hey titanrattler813, my phone is beening retarded, i txt you, did you get it?

Yeah, I tried to send you a picture of the bolt. It's Class 11 M12x1.25
It's not the retainer pin (that pivots to get the brake pads out). Its the pair of big bolts that would be removed to take the caliper assembly completly off the vehicle (if you wanted to remove the rotors for example)

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to send you a picture of the bolt. It's Class 11 M12x1.25
It's not the retainer pin (that pivots to get the brake pads out). Its the pair of big bolts that would be removed to take the caliper assembly completly off the vehicle (if you wanted to remove the rotors for example)

Sean, get me a part # for those big bolts and I'll see if we have them in stock, if we do, I'll FedEx overnight them to you so you'll have them tomorrow:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Sean, get me a part # for those big bolts and I'll see if we have them in stock, if we do, I'll FedEx overnight them to you so you'll have them tomorrow:top:

I don't have the part number. I searched online and at all the auto parts stores and wasn't able to find it. I'm gonna go check with Ratrod in an hr or so since he's at work (at Toyota) today. He says they have one... I'll keep you guys posted.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I don't have the part number. I searched online and at all the auto parts stores and wasn't able to find it. I'm gonna go check with Ratrod in an hr or so since he's at work (at Toyota) today. He says they have one... I'll keep you guys posted.

Ok, well let me know..

We have a FedEx account here at work, so it wont cost me anything to overnight it to you if you need them.

Ratrod25

Reaction score
Hey, Nightrider this is the part number my parts guys gave me #90080-10213,

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Hey, Nightrider this is the part number my parts guys gave me #90080-10213,

Thanks man, I just checked my parts dept....we DON'T have the bolts in stock, I would have to order them....

They only cost $1.46 a piece...so I dont know Sean, you might have to put them on layaway:laugh:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Just got my bolt. Had to make a quick drive to Tempe to pick it up. I think dealers should use G35s as delivery cars... that was fun :biggrin:. The bolt cost me a pretty penny though (no really, it was new shiny copper :rolleyez:). Grand total of one dollar and five pennies.

I should be back on the road tomorrow!!!

U da man Eric!... RATROD saves the day!!! :rockon:

Hitman

Reaction score
Im really sorry bro for those that are wondering it was me :frown: when we took apart mine the only bolts I noticed that were removed were the two so those were the ones I put back I never realized there were 3 bolts that were taken off.

The same thing happend to my truck it began to Clunck on my way to look for seans bolt but luckly blueballs noticed it and saw the bolt its was almost going to fall off

But sean if theres any further damage dont hesitate to ask on the cost im more than willing to pay for the damage. When you asked me if I tightend everything I figured you refered to those two bolts (the Brake line and the one where you take off the pads) I never knew that third bolt even existed Im really sorry sean :frown:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
It's all good man. I wasn't trying to point any blame (hence why your name was never mentioned). I just told the story because there's a useful point to it. Normally I would have double checked anyway, but it was late, we all had a long day and I was feeling pretty lazy at the time.

All in all, it coulda been a million times worse. Nothing's broken and it only cost me a dollar and a little bit of gas. Now if I would've missed out on some action, I'd be a little upset with you (lol, jk) but u might actually be facilitating... :wink:

*SideNote*
BlackCat... I asked about loctite and was actually recommended to use anti seize compund instead (like the sparkplug stuff) :hmmmm2: :dontknow:

Last edited:

Hitman

Reaction score
It's all good man. I wasn't trying to point any blame (hence why your name was never mentioned). I just told the story because there's a useful point to it. Normally I would have double checked anyway, but it was late, we all had a long day and I was feeling pretty lazy at the time.

All in all, it coulda been a million times worse. Nothing's broken and it only cost me a dollar and a little bit of gas. Now if I would've missed out on some action, I'd be a little upset with you (lol, jk) but u might actually be facilitating... :wink:

yeah but id rather step up to my actions. and true lots of useful points like always ask how many bolts there actually are and dont work on trucks late at night with hardly or little light and inspect everything twice, as far as action im going to have to take you to Hooters and order you some Hot Wings if you want action :laugh:

as far as facilitating I dont get it :hmmmm2: :laugh:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
as far as action im going to have to take you to Hooters and order you some Hot Wings if you want action :laugh:

Whoa.. not that kind of action (unless we're talking about the waitress we had, hehe). If it burns, count me out, women included.

as far as facilitating I dont get it :hmmmm2: :laugh:

Oh nothing... found myself a ride home from work, that's all :smile:

Hitman

Reaction score
Whoa.. not that kind of action (unless we're talking about the waitress we had, hehe). If it burns, count me out, women included.

Oh nothing... found myself a ride home from work, that's all :smile:

Dude not cool I didnt mean it like that I know that sentence has doble meaning to it but it was refering to the Waitress and eating the HOT Wings were you would get (what is it you guys said :hmmmm2: s hitburns or something like that :laugh: dam im always getting caught for saying stupid stuff lol

:top: i was just about to text you is you needed a ride home

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Dude not cool I didnt mean it like that I know that sentence has doble meaning to it but it was refering to the Waitress and eating the HOT Wings were you would get (what is it you guys said :hmmmm2: s hitburns or something like that :laugh:
:top: i was just about to text you is you needed a ride home

Yeah, i said the firechitz :laugh:
... that reminds me, we have a comment to add to the funny quotes section. What was it? I don't remember but Beau said it.

Hitman

Reaction score
Yeah, i said the firechitz :laugh:
... that reminds me, we have a comment to add to the funny quotes section. What was it? I don't remember but Beau said it.

:laugh: :laugh: I rememeber I remember he said "Is It Hard" :laugh: :laugh: there were many more that were said that night were going to have to bring a tape recorder lol to catch al the dumb things said

2006nightrider

Reaction score
watched Dumb and Dumber and when that ended started putting everything back together. I was being retarded and trying to put the brake line bracket bolt in the caliper so that wasn't working out for me too well.

Best movie ever!!!.....Everytime I watch that movie I think I get a little dumber myself, but I love it!!!

I can picture you guys riding around looking for the bolt:

00003028820057f8bcbzm7a.jpg

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: I rememeber I remember he said "Is It Hard" :laugh: :laugh: there were many more that were said that night were going to have to bring a tape recorder lol to catch al the dumb things said

No that's not it... I laughed for a long time about whatever it was. I remember he was on his way inside and Chris asked him a question. His response was the funniest thing I've ever heard him say. Ask Chris later on.

Hitman

Reaction score
Best movie ever!!!.....Everytime I watch that movie I think I get a little dumber myself, but I love it!!!

I can picture you guys riding around looking for the bolt:

00003028820057f8bcbzm7a.jpg

Which we did last night :laugh: I even insisted we go to the spot were he lost his bolt that was somewhere in the road at night :laugh:

No that's not it... I laughed for a long time about whatever it was. I remember he was on his way inside and Chris asked him a question. His response was the funniest thing I've ever heard him say. Ask Chris later on.

Oh I think thats when I was doing my oil change and I step out of the garage to wash my hands I will ask chris about it cuz I think you said something like "thats actually the first thing that he said that was funny"

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Update:
Took me all of 30 mins to put everything back together and test drive. I did some slow roll braking, some surface street braking, couple gradual stops from 30-40 or so, jumped on the interstate got it up over 90 ish the slowed down to the speed limit, got off at the next exit and did some emergency stops.

One dollar and 30 mins later, all seems well. Stupid caliper paint is chipping already, but I don't even care. That's the least of my worries.

Top Bottom