Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lets get it started...

Generation-X

Reaction score
Finally getting things rolling with project GenX again.....

Removal of tailgate handle......check.....
Mockup and design of filler plate.......check.....
License plate mounting.......check......
Body work, paint, and wiring....still to come

No I dont plan on doing angled, that was just a photo shot. :) Ever see those trick floating amps/racks etc in quality audio setups? Thats the plan with the plate for now, then filler, body work, paint and wiring

IMAG0037.jpg

Stay tuned for some more updates. Should be finished by this week minus wiring....hopefully

2006nightrider

Reaction score

TRD-X

Reaction score
angry-smiley-203.gif
See just get a photobucket account!:top:

Generation-X

Reaction score
DSC00820.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

To each their own is my saying. I wanted something like you see in the audio setups with the 'floating amp' etc type setups. Everyone has a simple 'frenched' in plate so didnt want that. Coulda just done a simple bracket bolted on made of a few thick metal strips. Nahhhh

2nd shot shows the thickness of the bracket and you can see how it 'floats' per say. Inside the top lip is an led strip about 80% the width for the lighting. Slides in through the bottom for access.
Still have to wire it up but I have enough wiring on it to attach it to the normal wiring under the truck with quick disconnects, that way the gate will still be removable

Generation-X

Reaction score
Plans for the night....

1. Prep licence plate wiring to plug into plate
2. Prep Tac Module to accept reverse light and prepare wiring.
3. Make bracket to secure wiring underneath truck for tidy look

Cant say a specific ETA with needing filler plate fabbed for tailgate handle, box for reverse light, and bodywork completion...but hopefully most of it or all by end of week or start of next depending on my work schedule. Gotta work on the wifes TC this weekend with valve cover touchups :)

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I dono if i like the plate.

Like you said to each their own, so take my opinion for the 2cents its worth but:

I think your ass would look better without the crack in it:laugh:

I dont know why, but I can envision your tailgate all welded up and smoothed out and it would look really good with the all the roll pan work you have done.

But then you loose the functionality of it still being a truck :dontknow:

Generation-X

Reaction score
Ya I use my bed all the time. Daily driving I always have my spare tire and spare cheapo tools on hand. When going to car/truck shows im carrying the chairs,ice box and sometimes a small canopy tent.
With the soft tonneau it has just enough slack in it that I can reach in and open the tailgate from the inside and yet still keeps everything sealed

Generation-X

Reaction score
Still needs cleaned and a bit more paint work. Gotta finish up the wiring too. Gonna paint the surround on the lights in red to better blend in and therefore not stick out as much...

otherwise shes fully rear shaved now :)

216275_10150546808140447_621035446_17982900_2394083_n.jpg

Generation-X

Reaction score
Had a local shop finish the bodywork side of everything. Probably will end up redoing the reverse light though. Gonna try first to just paint the light bezels and if it doesnt work atleast its a small hole to fill and then move it elsewhere on the tailgate

alexxwing

Reaction score
ehh its shaved but not fully shaved the tail gate still can come down mold that in and yes your shaved

Generation-X

Reaction score
Yeah but I do use the tailgate alot, plus the tonneau is that extra bit of security for me. I carry a lot of stuff to shows and everything else, maybe in the future but as of right now

206271_10150548580865447_621035446_18006170_328655_n.jpg

Ill end up redoing it im sure...it was better in mind then what it turned out on the reverse light...so either a new spot or deleted, who knows....ill figure it out

And a bit off topic....polished up the wifes valve covers this weekend also
208769_10150547227720447_621035446_17986701_6853096_n.jpg

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I'm digging the license plate. Glad you didn't do the crooked style...

Generation-X

Reaction score
It may not look like much from a distance but in person you can tell all the work put into it. It has a rear cross brace for support, all hand built from steel plate, has a LED strip inside the top lip of the plate mount

Top Bottom