Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let's play: Guess my dyno numbers!

iniazy

Reaction score
A couple black smoke puffs in the video (before I hit the limiter). I'll check plug gap just to be sure. Coils are new. I thought you wanted a log from the UCON, my bad.

Not unhappy with the numbers at all, especially for a daily with 150K on the motor. Just a little confused by the reversal of HP/TQ from the norm.

You should be happy, Torque is what REALLY matters!

I think the numbers are fine, considering your large tires and a transfer case in between the tranny and the shaft also might cause a bit of power loss.

Very impressive figures. I'm envious.

BTW, the manual V6 has 3.91:1 diff ratio, not 3.73:1. The latter is for the auto five speed.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
You should be happy, Torque is what REALLY matters!

I think the numbers are fine, considering your large tires and a transfer case in between the tranny and the shaft also might cause a bit of power loss.

Very impressive figures. I'm envious.

BTW, the manual V6 has 3.91:1 diff ratio, not 3.73:1. The latter is for the auto five speed.

I am pretty sure all US market 4WD Tacomas were 3.73 (V6) or 4.10 (I4). It may be different on the Hilux.

I am happy. :) I just like worrying over minutiae. It gives me something to do on the weekends.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct about the ratios. :top:

fishsticks

Reaction score
Soooo... I got on an actual Dynojet at a local race shop today. Let's just say that last outfit's dyno calibration was way off, and I never could get my graphs from them.

Best run today: 394whp/360wtq. More HP, less TQ, and numbers that actually make sense. I did nothing to the truck since the last run but drive it.

Was hoping to pop 400whp but I'll take it. I guess I could cheat and put my other wheels with stock size rollers on. :laugh:

Pics or it didn't happen:
2016-08-27%2022.15.43.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is better. Knew something was off.

fishsticks

Reaction score
I think the last place may have messed with their calibration to stroke the diesel guys' torque egos.

My measured AFR dropped into the 10s during all three runs. I was talking to one of the shop guys there and he said it could easily make some more power safely with a little fine tuning.

Lots of people were interested in the 400 hp Taco yesterday, lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a possibility of that, on that trailer dyno.

Pulling those AFR's to low-mid 11's would net you a few more HP for sure. Have you sent a datalog to URD to have them fine tune the calibration?

fishsticks

Reaction score
I haven't yet. I wanted to get a baseline I trusted first, since that last one seemed fishy.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like fish sticks? :crinklehair: I'm right there with you on that.

I still need to get mine dyno'd.

Reaction score
Soooo... I got on an actual Dynojet at a local race shop today. Let's just say that last outfit's dyno calibration was way off, and I never could get my graphs from them.

Best run today: 394whp/360wtq. More HP, less TQ, and numbers that actually make sense. I did nothing to the truck since the last run but drive it.

Was hoping to pop 400whp but I'll take it. I guess I could cheat and put my other wheels with stock size rollers on. :laugh:

Very nice!

MiamiChillin

Reaction score

Good numbers man. I'm still at stock numbers :frown: lol

Top Bottom