Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lifted Taco @ my work

x20Runner05

Reaction score
We had this lifted Taco at work someone traded in. Something like a 3 or 4" body lift, and 2" spring spacers too. This thing looked mean but i cant beleive this was only a 2WD.
14.jpg
13.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score
lol.... poor mans lift... doesn't give you any more clearance when you body lift.... just strictly looks... :laugh: not a fan of them and are useless...

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Thats what i said when i first saw i was like damn thats nice. When i got in it to work on it and found out it was 2wd i was like nahhhh.

trd_sport

Reaction score
well they do call them prerunners for a reason ya know...........depending on the type of offroading you do a 2wd can be all you need.

Edgeman

Reaction score
lol.... poor mans lift... doesn't give you any more clearance when you body lift.... just strictly looks... :laugh: not a fan of them and are useless...

Not completely accurate. Body lifts allow owners to install larger/taller tires, giving them more ground clearance. But if I owned a 4X4, I would go for a suspension lift instead of a body lift.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Do you know what the guy traded it in for?
When i see stuff like this come in as used cars and have all that stuff like full sound system in it, i dont even ask cuz i know money is no object with them. They could have got a corrolla for all i care to be honest.

LilRed

Reaction score
Not completely accurate. Body lifts allow owners to install larger/taller tires, giving them more ground clearance. But if I owned a 4X4, I would go for a suspension lift instead of a body lift.

Yeah I did a body lift and suspension lift to get my clearance for the tires. Sometimes body lifts are very very useful. For my truck, I NEEDED the body lift to help with the future clearance needed for the small block 350. I noticed now that the body lift helps with cooling as well. They are definitely important!! Well, at least in my case.
shawncb1994-albums-final-picture15175-imag0186.jpg

RRCanuck

Reaction score
When i see stuff like this come in as used cars and have all that stuff like full sound system in it, i dont even ask cuz i know money is no object with them. They could have got a corrolla for all i care to be honest.
I know you dont care what theyre driving home in but when I worked for a dealer and saw a nice trade-in they were usually upgrading. I was just hoping you had some pics of the guys new tundra with a supercharger in it. Haha.

Yeah I did a body lift and suspension lift to get my clearance for the tires. Sometimes body lifts are very very useful. For my truck, I NEEDED the body lift to help with the future clearance needed for the small block 350. I noticed now that the body lift helps with cooling as well. They are definitely important!! Well, at least in my case.
shawncb1994-albums-final-picture15175-imag0186.jpg
Thats a nice taco bud, I love the old style when theyre done right.

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Lol, someone driving a toyota tacoma talking about a poor man's anything is pretty humorous.... The truck looked nice, but wasn't as functional as I would have it if I were going through the trouble of any type of lift. I will be taking a drive over to Lakeside tomorrow to pick up a few things from frank when I get off, so I may go peruse the used lot and see if there is anything fun over there. Time has come to drop this turd and get something different. :biggrin:

xrgilly

Reaction score
my bro inlaw did a 6" susp lift and 3" body lift with 38" rubber on his old ram it looked bad ass

blastap

Reaction score

hmmm, My 83 toyota needed a body lift to fit a V8 in it. So STFU unless you know your stuff.

c2dad8c5.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score
hmmm, My 83 toyota needed a body lift to fit a V8 in it. So STFU unless you know your stuff.

c2dad8c5.jpg

lol... yeah that's about the only thing they are useful for.... as far as off road goes they are practically useless....

Murderface

Reaction score

lol... yeah that's about the only thing they are useful for.... as far as off road goes they are practically useless....

Huh? Not sure u know what ur talkin about as usual
Seems like all the answers u need XRoller, doesn't seem useless to me.

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Huh? Not sure u know what ur talkin about as usual
Seems like all the answers u need XRoller, doesn't seem useless to me.

yeah but a body lift is seen as a poor mans lift because the only ground clearance you will get is the one you will gain off the tires which won't be much at all... the suspension lift is where you need to go if you are looking for a more functional lift and reliable lift.... body lifts are unstable and can break on the trail easier than suspension. u get ground clearance as well as tire clearance from suspension and only tire clearance from a body lift. :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
in most cases, you combine the two for the wanted result :top:.....don't hate on poor man's anything though, you drive a tacoma not a king ranch, ferrari, or nsx and it's a blue one at that :laugh:

X-roller

Reaction score
in most cases, you combine the two for the wanted result :top:.....don't hate on poor man's anything though, you drive a tacoma not a king ranch, ferrari, or nsx and it's a blue one at that :laugh:

better than pink.... :biggrin:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
my truck is the color of one of the most sought out things in this world.....******... and your truck is sad and emo.... I'll keep my pink truck for now :laugh:

Top Bottom