Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lights wont turn off automatically

toyota06RR-XR

Reaction score
Im not sure what this issue is, but i have checked the fuses that im aware of,

the problem is, when I have my head lights on with the keys in the INT driving normally, when its time to park the car I leave my head light switch in the ON position, open the door it should just turn off RIGHT?

Lately I can not do this and have to remember to turn the light switch off manually. Other problem is my dome light ON (DOOR)swich will not work also, but the ON works fine and lights up.

Does any members know if there is a fuse or reply i need to check?

Thanks

Murderface

Reaction score
My dome light switch is funny, I have to set it carefully to the on position or door position or else it won't light up. Haven't even bothered to see why it does that.

So let's get this straight, u have ur headlights on but when u park it and remove the keys and open the door the headlights stay on? Or are ur keys still in the ign with it set to ACC and headlight switch set to on and when u open the door they stay on?

Just wanted to make sure that it's the first part of my question that ur having an issue with. If its the first question I don't even know where to look. Wish I had the Toyota PDF file on my phone so that i could look up if there's some relay that's supposed to switch the headlights off automatically, I would bet a box of donuts that it's a relay, but where the fawk is the relay?

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
You already answered your own question. The system uses the door switch to know when to turn off the headlights and the dome light on with an open drivers door. Same problem causing both issues. Start with the door switch. Get to the wires at the switch and jump them together. The dome light comes on you have a bad switch.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
You have to turn the truck off BEFORE you open the doors. Just like you can turn the truck off before you open the doors and the powered windows will still work

MplsX

Reaction score
You already answered your own question. The system uses the door switch to know when to turn off the headlights and the dome light on with an open drivers door. Same problem causing both issues. Start with the door switch. Get to the wires at the switch and jump them together. The dome light comes on you have a bad switch.

Agree! When you open the door with the keys in the ignition, do you get a warning noise? If not, than look into the door switch.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Another question is do you have an aftermarket alarm installed on the truck?

toyota06RR-XR

Reaction score
NO aftermarket alarm,

Yea, with the key out of the INT and headlight switch still in the ON position. I open the door and the headlight just says on.

rich017

Reaction score
My X started doing it about a year before I sold it.

Never got around to figuring out what caused it. Most likely a bad door switch

toyota06RR-XR

Reaction score
My X started doing it about a year before I sold it.

Never got around to figuring out what caused it. Most likely a bad door switch

Anyone have a PDF diagram for the door switch or know when to look.

MplsX

Reaction score
Reread my previous post. I don't have my truck here at the house and I have never looked at the door switch, but is it possible to switch the passenger door switch with the drivers door switch? That might help you with your problem. Good luck.

Top Bottom