Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Line Lock

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
does anybody have a line lock?

toyota kinda f'd me when i bought my 2011. it has the ecu flashed from factory so that if i press the gas and brake at the same time, it tries to shut my motor off. they did this im assuming because of the whole stuck gas pedal recall on all the damn prius's

so, with all that being said, i need a linelock to do a badass "brakestand" burnout, or to get the tires good and hot at the track.

can anybody offer me some assistance on if we can put a line lock in these vehicles (because of a.b.s.) or post some pictures if you have one.

thanks for looking

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I bypassed the 90l recall, and have my own version of "line lock", if you so call it.

3 things.

1. Your truck is open diff. The only thing it will do i roast up one tire, probably the right rear. You wont be able to heat up both tires, as all the power will go to the wheel with less traction. Get a tru-trak installed....or just weld up those pesky spider gears like it did. :wink: Your auto LSD BS is just traction control.

2. I can tell you how to bypass the 90l recall if you like. Easiest way is to pull the plug on your brake pedal when you are at the track. The ECU wont know you are hitting the brakes. You also wont have any brake lights.... Now, there is a wire going to your ECU, that can be cut, or have a switch installed. That wire is the wire that tells the ECU when you have applied the brakes. You will still have brake lights and all that jazz, but a code is stored in the ECU, and Gadget brings up a good point below, regarding "legality". Also, the cruise control requires an extra step, if you just cut it out, and skimp on the switch...read below...

here is my write up: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=47029

Just to updated that, a code is stored, but it does not make the MIL illuminate.

If you want to do this, i can look it your trucks wiring diagram and double check if it works for 09+'s, as i know the ECU's are different.

3. My line lock, is actually a staging brake, But not for doing burn outs(well, not the kind you are thinking of. :D), or getting the perfect launch at the strip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDeF4SZ-v8s&hd=1

I yank on my "hydro" as drifters call it, to lock my back brakes, for drifting. The factory e-brake placement makes using it, option impossible.. Now, in order to make this work, i have to disable my ABS. You can either pull the fuses like i used to do. Or you can wire in a relay to the ABS fuse and hook it to a kill switch, that i have in my truck. flip the switch off, and abs turns off. Flip the switch back on, and cycle the key, and abs turns back on.

Your master cylinder is split, front and rear. one line is for the front, the other is for the back. Most forward line is the front brakes, rear one is the back brakes. Those two lines then go into the ABS/VSC control unit on the other side of the engine bay. You can either mount the line lock unit over there, or mount it on on the drivers side. If i recall correct, they are a electronically controlled solenoid that maintains brake pressure once you release the brakes. Where-ever it mounted, you will need various fittings, either hard line or pre-made SS lines like what come with BBK and the like. You can either "tap in" right at the master, or at the ABS/VSC unit. your choice.

Unless you are familiar with hydraulic brake principles, bleeding, line flaring(if you use hard lines), fitting sizes/styles and actual install....i'd STRONGLY recommend taking this to a shop that has installed line lock before. One mistake, and it can cost you your life...:thumbdown:

Worth noting, you DO NOT need line lock to do a brake stand. rev motor to ~5k, dump clutch, floor gas and left foot on the brake. I do not need to pull the ABS to do this. I actually used to drag race before i got serious with drifting. I would actually do my burnouts to warm my tires up, in second gear. :rockon:Once i went TRD, and got the damn reflash installed, i had to do the bypass in order to go drag racing. I actually discovered the brake pedal switch trick, on the way to the track the same day i got the re-flash done. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom