Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Long Tubes finally installed

Reaction score
Well after three month of gathering dust I finally installed my dtlt. It took me one long fustrating day to install them, since I dont know anything about mechanics. What a PITA, but man what a difference:rockon:I love them. Thanks to a great write up by trd_sport helpful tips by Gadget and sixstringdave.

RE_TRD_X808

Reaction score
Congrats bro on the headers... by far the best Mod i ever did on the truck.:rock:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
Congrats bro, yeah they can be a biatch but well worth all the blood lol. makes the truck something completly diff.

Emanon

Reaction score
Grats on doing it yourself! Bet it felt good when you were done.:biggrin:

06lttaco

Reaction score
what was so bad about them? i'm still figuring out if i wanna tackle that project yet or not

xrgilly

Reaction score
i want them but im gonna go to a shop to have them installed

JPXRuNNeR

Reaction score
ive had my truck for 2 years and still havent gotten them yet. i bet they make a huge difference. never have enough money put aside to get them though. congrats! did you get the o2 sim with it?

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Right on bro. They do 'feel' nice once they are in. I had a bad rasp issue after mine were in though, but a magnaflow resonator fixed that.

The worst problem i had was the passenger side did NOT want to go on. I had to jack the engine up just a bit and they went right on. Although i have heard of others having different problems, its not that hard of a project at all. With one friend to help you(which i didnt have) they are a snap. Grats !:top:

toyota_rod

Reaction score
im gonna scoop up a pair after i recover from buying coils, blocks n shocks...gonna scoop up some beer and some mechanics gloves too...might even find a nice big shady tree to work under<----louisiana style..lol

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Congrats on the install bro. Theres nothing like doing it yourself.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
congrats bro...:top:

I love em...were definitely worth it...:rockon:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Congrats man. Way to step up and try something new for yourself. I know I love being able to do the work myself and not depending/trust someone else to do the work for me.

Murderface

Reaction score
Congrats man. Way to step up and try something new for yourself. I know I love being able to do the work myself and not depending/trust someone else to do the work for me.

Ah men brotha! Nothing beats the self satisfaction of being able to turn a few wrenches and make ur ride faster/better looking.

Congrats OP

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
congrats bro! the install for mine took 28hours. i had a bolt on the y-pipe stripped and tried every short of a torch to get it off.

Jwall

Reaction score
Congrades bro! It must have felt great once you were done and fired the pig up. I cant wait to get mine, so jelious :p

duck_fat21

Reaction score
damn i cant wait to install theses in my trucks. congrats bro

TegoXR

Reaction score
Best investment I made on the truck...lol!

Top Bottom