Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Look what I got!!!

nxrunner

Reaction score
The front will be 1.75, 12% increase in the rate of the coil and hopefully the alligment issues of the past will not be a problem. bettter handling should also be a side effect of this coil

Thats what Im talking about. Keep us updated, we are very interested.:top::rock:

Shanes56

Reaction score
it is all done, the alignment was not a problem, the toe was fine but the caster/camber was off a slight bit, had no problem getting it back to factory specs. I will post pictures some time tomorrow or monday becasue my truck is hella dirty.

XRLover25

Reaction score
How much did that end up running you? and pics!!!! that is horrible to say that they are done with no pics!!. If those work better than the SOS, I might have to return it and see if I can get the coil overs.

Shanes56

Reaction score
How much did that end up running you? and pics!!!! that is horrible to say that they are done with no pics!!. If those work better than the SOS, I might have to return it and see if I can get the coil overs.

My wife and I are going to go get my truck a bath then take some pics, and yes I know it is horrible of me to do that but it is all part of the suspense.
I wouldnt say this is better than the SOS because it is completely different I look at this being more of a supension upgrade than a drop kit.

How's the ride with those springs?

So far the ride is good, it is a bit stiffer than stock but it is nothing that is not tolerable, since the handleing seems to have gotten better. it is not like a replace my springs with cinde rblocks like some drop coils feel like.

i_ski

Reaction score
The whips of hades be on ya boy... get on it ;) LOL J/k just waiting patiently over here.

Shanes56

Reaction score
Fint Here you go, I dont have the greatest camera so these will have to do for the time being, (Snow Sucks)

The whips of hades be on ya boy... get on it ;) LOL J/k just waiting patiently over here.

Let me know what you think? :dontknow:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Overall review and feelings about it, likes & dislikes.

Last edited:

Shanes56

Reaction score
So far I have no quams about it beside the pain it was to switch the springs, I recomend to anyone that is going to replace spring have a professional do it, it will be worth the money spent. I like that my handleing has gotten a little tighter, not a dramatic amount but there is less body roll in corners (with sway bar bushings this will be a fantastic combo), also in the same respect, beign that it is only a small % rate (spring tention) increase the ride is fine, stiffer by a little. alignment was not an issue, the toe was perfect just had to futz with the caster/camber the slightests amount and it was back to factory specs. In the three days that I have been driving with this kit I have not bottomed out a single time. overall this kit is a suspension upgrade, if you want to improve in the twistys this is a great kit, but if you dont want the performance or the pain of dealing with spring replacement there are easier kits to install out there.

All in all I give it a:

9/10 functionality (could be stiffer)
8/10 Form (instalation is not recomended for the back yard mechanic, potential life hazard removing springs)
10/10 Looks (I think it sits at a perfect hieght)

Overall review and feelings about it, likes & dislikes.

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Yea I like that look what was the price?sorry if I missed that,and the hood scoop looks Goood 2:top:

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score
so can you guys get like a 3" drop front springs with maybe a 20%-30% increase in spring rate with 3 lowering blocks?

Shanes56

Reaction score
Better to do the DJM, the three in reduction in the spring would require you to get a shorter shock or move the lower spring mount becasue the lower spring mount is actually on the shock. and the 20% to 30% increase would actually make it feel like you were riding the frame with no suspension. 3" inch block is possible though but you would have to C notch your frame.

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
Shanes, your running 2" blocks right? Ive already:top: got my payment ready for some "Sitten Sic" Coils man.

didn't GSXrunner have these same springs at one point?

Last edited by a moderator:

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score
Better to do the DJM, the three in reduction in the spring would require you to get a shorter shock or move the lower spring mount becasue the lower spring mount is actually on the shock. and the 20% to 30% increase would actually make it feel like you were riding the frame with no suspension. 3" inch block is possible though but you would have to C notch your frame.
ok then what about a 15% increase and a 2inch drop coil with 1inch drop block?

Shanes56

Reaction score
That is basically what this kit is, 15% tension increase with a 2" block, the only difference is I went 1.75" drop to avoid any alignment issues. but 2" is possible.

wshsbears

Reaction score

u would want to go 2" block in the rear with a 2" front drop. the stock wheel gap in the back is huge. u want to ride 2" blocks no matter what unless ur goin djm and notching the frame

Top Bottom