Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking to buying a gun

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember no Selling of Firearms through XRU.
Thanks

Thread back on track

Going and trying stuff out is the best advise, especially if you are only planning to buy one gun for a specific need.

I love my first gun (M&P15-22 rifle) fun to shoot and cheap ammo (at the time anyway)

I have collected a few other guns at this point and they all have their pros and cons, but I have fun shooting anything

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Yeah shoot before you buy you may not even be able to handle what you think you "like". Im getting ready to upgrade myself but thanks to my pistol owning friends I've got to shoot quite few different pistols. The 9mm will be handed down to the gf and I'm shopping .45's.

X-roller

Reaction score
I've shot my share of guns and just got rid of 3. An ar15, remington 1100 12 gauge, and an sks. It all comes down to preference. Any gun will suit most categories. Target, home defense, etc... its just what you feel most comfortable with. I would start with a springfield and that should get you going.

kcidmil

Reaction score
Definitely agree with gadget, my wife has a 9mm tarsus millennium pro which I can't stand but it's perfect for her. I have smaller hands so I stick with .45 as they're easier for me to handle. My dream gun is a H&K USP 45

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
i would say get a hand gun first, i know that some ranges around me you can rent a gun to try it out i would say try that if your friend wont let you shoot his that way you can get a feel for the gun first, and make sure the gun you do go with you know the gun inside and out! my suggestion would be for a newb is to get a 9mm for a semi auto or if you like the revolver i wwould go with a .38 special , not alot of kick and its cheap rounds so it makes for a good stress reliever and wont hurt the bank

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
trying to bribe my gfs dad to take a day in june or july when we can go to a range he knows of in the boonies where we can shoot all his toys, ill compensate him with plenty of money for ammo, he can drive my truck ONCE, and a steak..so just waiting to see when is a good day, cant wait! it should help me alot bc he trained ppl in the army to use weapons, and did a bunch of other stuff when he retired so im glad ill be learning from a knowledgeable person and wont just be learning in a back alley with a dirty magnum lol

Top Bottom