Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking to go F/I for the new year! Whats a safe psi without internals???

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
I'm looking to go F/I. What S/C should i get URD or TRD?
What is a safe boost to run without internals?
I will be getting the 255 fuel pump to make me sleep better.

Keep in mind my mods thus far are...

APR X1,Cam Gears
AEM Intake
DTLT's
URD 3in. Cat-Back
NST Lightweight Accessory Pulleys

Will be getting fuel pump and
URD Y pipe before S/C install

Hopefully one day i have the $ to reinforce the block
Until then i just wanna run safe psi not even push it or ask for trouble.
thanks guys

:top:

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
I got a TRD supercharger with the 2.85 URD pulley for sale along with some 570 CC injectors and gauges if you are interested!

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
Its really tempting but i dunno if i can put the $ together rite now. Theres nothing wrong wit it? No damage from the crash? I think u told me its got bout 40k miles on it. What did u run with that truck? Gotta trust a person who knows a good drink, lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
8-10 psi with a good tune. Since you have the X-1 you already have that covered.

Just depends now, if you are hunting for a deal or not. Keep in mind, that since you already have an X-1, the cost of the URD kit is that much cheaper. If you do buy that kit, you won't have to buy the fuel pump ahead of time. Since the kit comes with it.

If you want, you can buy the pump now though, and have that cost removed from the URD kit.

With either kit you will be very happy. In the end though, it is easier to upgrade the URD kit for the most power than it is for the TRD. If you plan on building your motor.

X-roller

Reaction score
well psi is not the question.

It's hp.. safely you can run around the 400 range but I wouldn't go any higher than that... This motor is strong but if you are looking to stay in the safe zone I wouldn't go over 400+ to the wheels... A TRD s/c or a URD S/C will easily get you to there. It's just your preference in sound and what you are looking for tq or hp... tq I would go TRD and HP I would go URD. They are both good s/c but each has there own thing that makes them unique.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
One factor to consider also is the elevation of where your located, if your in jersey you are fine but if your up higher it will be tougher to get high boost numbers where the air is thinner.

Like torspd and xroller said our motor will handle each kit just depends where you want the power to be.... low end with the roots blower or up high with the centrifugal...

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
Its really tempting but i dunno if i can put the $ together rite now. Theres nothing wrong wit it? No damage from the crash? I think u told me its got bout 40k miles on it. What did u run with that truck? Gotta trust a person who knows a good drink, lol.

The engine was untouched in the accident. You will need to by the fit kit. If I was to guess HP it would have been about 350. My best quarter mile was 13.86 at 104.

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
thanks alot guys gonna be a hard decision. and then i gotta think about trac bar, clutch, bbk. lol Good thing i've decided im keeping this thing forever.

Whats the official HP/TRQ #'s on the URD MK3?
Obviously i got DTLT and stuff so my #s would be over 337hp?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Butters at ~9-10 psi was 400 hp and 3XX wtq. At 15 psi was approximately 450 whp and 400 wtq.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Apr has got that y pipe n that turbo kit to that would be intresting to do.. or even a turbo kit like torspd has and some others

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
OP, just curious, but you haven't seen Butters' "Moment of Truth" thread have you?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
333hp, 350lbft. Trd with stock reflash. With your X-1, according to the g-man will be able to pull even more out of just the 2.8. 320lbft available from 2k rpms to red line...love the torque and lack of lag of any sort.

Trd, if your goal is instant torque is your goal. Your more then likely reach the trds limit before the motor, unless you go to town with porting and re-gear.

URD, if you plan on adding some severe HP later on with built internals and what not. Urd kit is fully upgradable with bigger blowers and easy to install, bolt on pulleys. With your goal, of eventually adding built internals and you allready have a x-1, I'd go URD...

Trd will eventually go on my truck, once funds and second built motor are in spec...front mount Turbo a-la torspd... :rockon:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
There is always nossss too :-D

TRD 9 PSI on a 35 shot = 415 HP @ 5700 RPMs (take it to 6200 you are talking 430-450 HP)..., 400 ft-lbs @ 2,500 RPMs (no spray here), 450 ft-lbs @ 4000 RPMs... 93 pump gasoline & stock Y pipe with OEM cats in the tubes.

:biggrin:

Then when you don't need it, you don't use it - back to more then safe power levels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom