Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS retro's

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
anyone here on the island have the LuminousSolutions projectors? wanted to possibly see them in person

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Not that I know of. All of us who have retro's have real retro fit's...haha! I'm messin'. The answer is no.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
As you can see, Mr. RossK35 is sporting the output of my REAL retro fit's in his signature. That's pure SEXINESS right there! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
haha, alright. just wanted to know. most likely will get the fx-r bi xenon retrofit as soon as I get new headlights

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
haha, alright. just wanted to know. most likely will get the fx-r bi xenon retrofit as soon as I get new headlights

Honestly, you'll be better off that way anyways. It is a hassle to install them, but if you've done it before, or have experience, you'll be fine. After watching someone do mines, I understand it way better and can actually do it myself.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Honestly, you'll be better off that way anyways. It is a hassle to install them, but if you've done it before, or have experience, you'll be fine. After watching someone do mines, I understand it way better and can actually do it myself.

alright, thanks for the input. most likely will go that route and will definitely ask for help on here when the day comes.

maddawg808

Reaction score
I bought LS projectors from xru ... not bi xenon though... Im happy with em, but wish I had the high beams

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
I bought LS projectors from xru ... not bi xenon though... Im happy with em, but wish I had the high beams

yeah, that's one of the reasons I leaned towards getting bi xenon. I want the high beams too

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score

How do you not have high beams? The kit is a hi/lo kit.

yeah, that's one of the reasons I leaned towards getting bi xenon. I want the high beams too

do your research, don't go by one person's word, the LS kit is a hi/lo kit, there isn't a low only projector kit, there's a low only bulb and ballast kit, but there is no projector retrofit kit that is a low only.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Do what you want, but choose with all the right information. The LS Retro Kit does have Hi/Lo (see last shot for Hi beam):

Here are a few shots with the wall approx 70' away:

ae82f327.jpg

40e4b482.jpg

14e426ba.jpg

ace68981.jpg

and High Beams:
27161548.jpg

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=22122

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
do your research, don't go by one person's word, the LS kit is a hi/lo kit, there isn't a low only projector kit, there's a low only bulb and ballast kit, but there is no projector retrofit kit that is a low only.

first off let me apologize for making myself look like a complete idiot/a$$ :stupid:
I usually pride myself on how much research I do towards vehicles I take interest in

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you didn't take my comment as negative towards you, after reading it I sound like a d-bag, I was just trying to get you the info that you were missing. No need to apologize brother, if anyone should be doing that it would be me :top: If you chose the LS kit you won't be disappointed, for the price and simplicity of installation you can't beat it.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
I hope you didn't take my comment as negative towards you, after reading it I sound like a d-bag, I was just trying to get you the info that you were missing. No need to apologize brother, if anyone should be doing that it would be me :top: If you chose the LS kit you won't be disappointed, for the price and simplicity of installation you can't beat it.

oh no of course, I accept all suggestions bro. I'm still very young so I really love the suggestions. after reading what I wrote, I felt the need to apologize. I really do try my best to research and get the right infromation.

thank you all for the suggestions.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck bro. You'll be happy either way I'm sure.

RossK35

Reaction score
you have real LS430 projectors from a Lexus according to your mod list.

you guys are talking about two different ls kits. One is OEM and well.... the other isn't.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
you have real LS430 projectors from a Lexus according to your mod list.

you guys are talking about two different ls kits. One is OEM and well.... the other isn't.

Good catch, however maddawg808 confused the OP, and me for that matter. Maddawg808 has an Lexus LS430 projector retrofit, the OP was asking about Luminous Solutions projector retrofit kit and thought that was what he was getting feedback for. BSP06XRU and I have the Luminous Solutions kit and were just trying to make sure the OP wasn't being fed mis-information. :top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry... I thought he meant the Luminous Solutions kit as well... not a retro kit from an LS!
Sorry about that!

Good luck on whatever you decide to do and keep us all updated! :top:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Good catch, however maddawg808 confused the OP, and me for that matter. Maddawg808 has an Lexus LS430 projector retrofit, the OP was asking about Luminous Solutions projector retrofit kit and thought that was what he was getting feedback for. BSP06XRU and I have the Luminous Solutions kit and were just trying to make sure the OP wasn't being fed mis-information. :top:

yeah good catch indeed. definitely didn't know he was talking about a different projector.
thanks for clearing things up guys and I will definitely update you guys as I work up to it. first looking to grab some blackheadlights locally

Top Bottom