Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS2 swap

kwigs160966

Reaction score
I want it to remain intact for the perpose of it being a fully functional vehicle. I dont really like either on the cehicle, i just hate owning anything and a feature not working properly. especially if i decided to sell it some day. Having all the safty feature in place would make it a little easier.

But if i had to choose between doing it and not id say screw both of them because LS!

If you go ls swap chances are you won't sell it and anyone buying should know what to expect.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
If you go ls swap chances are you won't sell it and anyone buying should know what to expect.

If someone wants a LS powered truck with every single safety bell and whistle...they aren't going to buy something cobbled together in someones driveway. And if you are doing the swap with plans on selling it, selling running bone stock and you will get much more for it.

They will head to there local Chevy dealer and pick up any new/used Silverado with a 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2, get a warranty and all the fancy safety crap they could want.:laugh:

woodex m.e.

Reaction score

Well i wont own it forever so its going to get sold at some point. Always another project. i just want my cake and to eat it too. And to eat your cake, and everyone elses. I want it all.

BradyT88

Reaction score
BradyT88 whenever you do your swap keep some awesome note for me. I want to do this swap some time in the next 5 years. This or a factory five car. I will want to keep the 4x4 but im already perplexed as to how to maintain the traction control and stability control.

Keep up the good work guys.

Might be a while... I think I am going to throw another 1GR in for now and attempt the LS swap further down the road when I have more disposable income. I'm fresh out of college and just bought a house and an F150 and I have some other big items I need to buy like a 4wheeler and snowmobile and shit so if I want to use my Tacoma in the next 2 years or so I'll have to go with the cheaper 1GR. It'll give me more time to wait and watch for a donor vehicle to pop up as well.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Some updates. I re-painted the engine bay and finally have the engine installed for the last time. I haven't made my transmission cross member yet though. I ordered new connectors and re pinned them. The old ones were damage and dirty and I like new and clean lol put some rubber trim around my transmission tunnel to make it look good ;-) although I have no idea what I am doing to cover the hole yet.

Truck has been sitting so long it's gotten so dirty

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
So sickkkkk if you could keep track of the cost thatd be awsome so i can have a idea of much the swap cost

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So close that I bet you have been visualizing the test drives!

Nice work. It looks extremely professional.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of wheels. Going to need a brake upgrade following this new power plant.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Yea the wheels throw off a lot of people. They were on my brothers 350z. Breaks are due for an upgrade once it's up and running for sure. Can't wait to test drive it I just hope it all works properly lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Prime that oil thoroughly before ignition. Best advice I can offer.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Prime that oil thoroughly before ignition. Best advice I can offer.

^THIS

LS don't like dry starts, more specifically the lifters. It took maybe 30 sec of cranking before I saw oil PSI on my gauge.:top:

30Birdy

Reaction score
Yeah agreed, just pull the fuse for the fuel pump and turn it over until you get oil pressure. Hopefully you have a guage or scanner to monitor it.

Top Bottom