Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Luminous Solution DTRL Mod

music_man185

Reaction score
has anybody done the day time running light mod with a set of luminous solution projectors? i would like to set it up where the halos are the day time running lights and they light up when the DTRL are on. maybe wire it to a switch on the dash.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
has anybody done the day time running light mod with a set of luminous solution projectors? i would like to set it up where the halos are the day time running lights and they light up when the DTRL are on. maybe wire it to a switch on the dash.

should be really simple. The halos are powered separate from the lights. You could just hook them to same power as the DTRL.
I think the better way to wire them would be using a relay. When DTRL are on the relay is switched and the halos will also be on.

music_man185

Reaction score
my truck doesn't have DTRL right now. so i would have to do the DTRL mod to get them. actually, i dont even have a LS projector kit yet. lol. i was just wondering if it were possible and if anyone had done it and how difficult it would be. maybe some pics of some toggle switch setups.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
very possible, and easy. There are many ways to wire them, don't know what everyone else has done, but I like this idea.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
My LS Retro Kit's halo's are wired to my DTRLs. I just spliced the halo wires in with the center running/turn signal lights. That way they are on when the DTRLs are on and off when the main lights are on. :top:

25a3f42a.jpg

450a7f3b.jpg

Last edited:

music_man185

Reaction score
when you say "main lights", do you mean the parking lights?

also, do you have them wired to switch?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Main lights meaning the headlights.
The halos are wired to the turn signal/running lights.
No switch.
See the videos added to my first post. :top:

CalSub2.jpg

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine are tapped to my parking lights, and I did the DTRL mod. No switch for me, the halos are white so I run them all the time

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Main lights meaning the headlights.
The halos are wired to the turn signal/running lights.
No switch.
See the videos added to my first post. :top:

CalSub2.jpg

I like this , but I dont want them to blink

i want them come on with the truck, turn off when the headlights come on, and not flash with the turn signals.

it will take sme relay work

Justin

Jwall

Reaction score
Looks good, I agree with Justin. I dont want them to blink either. Different though

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Then don't use your blinkers! :top:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

music_man185

Reaction score
I like this , but I dont want them to blink

i want them come on with the truck, turn off when the headlights come on, and not flash with the turn signals.

it will take sme relay work

Justin

this is what i want, but possibly on a toggle switch (haven't decided yet).

Top Bottom