Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

M.S. Really bummed

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
So I'm not usually the type of guy to come onto a website and complain about "real life".... but I guess I need to vent a bit.....

So about a week ago my fiance woke up at 3 in the morning. She was moaning and I woke up. She said she was having chest pains, and couldn't sleep. I jumped up outta bed, and flipped on the light. She kinda looked at me with a confused look for a few seconds and BAM, eyes WIDE open, and dialated. she was having a seizure or something.... that lasted for about 3 or 4 minutes. I called 911, and the ambulance came and took her to the E.R.

well, the E.R. doctors weren't able to tell us much. they did a ton of tests, one of which was a cat scan. they told us that they saw an "abnormality" on her brain and we were referred to a neurologist. They sent us home, and told us if she had another "episode" to call 911 again.
She then had an MRI done the next day. So we were just waiting for the restults.
the next morning she calls me at work and says that she thinks she's gonna have another episode... I haul ass home to find her on the bedroom floor. she's ok, but can't stand up on her own and feels like shit.
I take her to the E.R. again...... Now I'm pissed and want some damn answers b4 I take her home again.
basically, the neurologist agreed to rush the MRI. we went to his office and got the bad news.... :thumpdown:

she has 45 spots on her brain, most are small, but one is over the size of a quarter..... they can see spots on her brain stem on the first MRI, so they order 2 more MRI's the next day. (waiting on those results still). He tells us it has all the signs of Multiple Sclerosis. But he needs to do a spinal tap to confirm it.

the neurologist is being pretty vague about it because I guess M.S. is incorrectly, and overly diagnosed quite often.

she's a mess about all of this. she can't work, for now at least. and she can't drive for 6 months. (because of the "seizure") , but at least she's trying to stay positive about it.
So the time that is supposed to be the happiest times of our lives just had a major detour. We are getting married in june, and just got into our new house, so this whole situation is really bad timing. not that it's ever good timing.

she's already having to take a million tests. and is on steroid infusions 3 times a week for now. and to top it all off, I am out in the middle of nowhere working now. We discussed it a LOT b4 i left, and we decided that we can't stop living our normal life because of this whole situation. but it's frickin hard being out here.........

like i said, I guess I just need to vent a little. not looking for sympathy AT ALL.
just maybe some advice if you have, or know someone who has M.S.
I never knew that most ppl with MS get it so young. and it's 3 to 1 women to men.

We are both buddhists, and realize that suffering is part of who we are, but honestly, I want to be selfish and make it stop now. :frown::frown::frown:

R1 Chris

Reaction score
I am really sorry to hear this.. My prays go out to you and your wife..

SX TOY

Reaction score
I have a buddy dealing with ms but unfortunately I don't know much about it myself.

06XR-SW

Reaction score
im sorry to hear about that and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clinton - I'm really sorry to hear this man. I know we're just "a bunch of a guys on a silly forum" - but if you need anything, you know where to come. We're your extended family and are here to help, even with just words of encouragement, during times like this. It's not really about the trucks man --- the trucks just bring us together.

Please keep us informed man.

TreTuna

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this man. I hope nothing but the best for the both of you in these hard times.

micpun

Reaction score
i wish i could do more but ill keep you in my prayers.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

I know its different but my buddie has Sclerosis of the spine and had to get rods installed (thats the wrong word but thats all I can think of right now) in his back.

GL bro.

BTW what is it you do out in the middle of nowhere?

ntinhri

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Keep us posted, thought and prayers going ur way bud!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Can't really do anything for you down here, but you and your fiancée have my prayers and best wishes.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

I know its different but my buddie has Sclerosis of the spine and had to get rods installed (thats the wrong word but thats all I can think of right now) in his back.

GL bro.

BTW what is it you do out in the middle of nowhere?

you're thinking of Scholiosis.... not sclerosis.. lol
but it's the thought that counts...... thanks.

and I'm a helicopter mechanic... the company I work for primarily supports mineral explorations....

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Im an idiot, and I cant spell or say either of those words on my own lol.

Hopefully after they figure it all out the advances of modern medicine will be able to help you get it all under control.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
My heart goes out to you and your wife.
With all the great things that you have looking foreward to and this has to come up...just really sucks. But you already know that.
Damn Clinton...I don't know what else to say...

COWBELL

Reaction score
Sounds scary, I would be on a forum venting too if it was my situation! Best of luck to her. I Hope they can find out whats wrong and correct it somehow! Make sure she takes it easy!

Coupe

Reaction score
I have a step mother with M.S.

She was diagnosed (when she was) about 26 years old. She is about 58 ~ 59 now.

The disease can be controlled and sometimes it goes into remission (like a cancer).

I could ramble on about this for awhile, but the general gist will be with the right diet & medication the disease can be slowed/controlled.

Good luck with treatment.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
You and your fiance are in my prayers :top:. I hope everything works out for you and please keep us posted.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
We are both buddhists, and realize that suffering is part of who we are, but honestly, I want to be selfish and make it stop now. :frown::frown::frown:

I feel the same way man. Keep your head up bro!

Top Bottom