Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mac Computer Problems

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
My wife was given a year 2003 Prower Mac G5.

It's pretty quick, has upgraded hard drive to 500MB, but I'm having issues.

When I try to run Streetfire.net and watch a Top Gear episode, the damn thing never loads.

This took seconds on my Dell.

What is wrong, or what do I need to know?

Super Werty

Reaction score
Are you using wireless internet?

What version of Safari? You can check this by opening Safari then click on safari i the top left corner and click "about safari".

Since it was given to you you should do a check for software update. Click on the Apple in the top eft corner and then do Software Update and see if everything is current.

If none of that helps is may just be the type of wireless it has. 2003 was a long time ago in terms of computer tech, youtube is only 5 years old.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Are you using wireless internet?

What version of Safari? You can check this by opening Safari then click on safari i the top left corner and click "about safari".

Since it was given to you you should do a check for software update. Click on the Apple in the top eft corner and then do Software Update and see if everything is current.

If none of that helps is may just be the type of wireless it has. 2003 was a long time ago in terms of computer tech, youtube is only 5 years old.

It's hardwired through ethernet, and I have downloaded the software updates already, but have no restarted. I guess I will try that next.

Youtube works great, but I know streetfire uses Adobe player, and we all know Steve Jobs doesn't like Adobe, so I thought maybe that was the issue.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Try using a different browser. Youtube is flash based as well.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Well, I already downloaded Mozilla, first thing. With everything updated it seems to work now.

So how cheap and easy would it be to upgrade the memory for this bad boy? I actually kinda like it, and see that it is still quite expensive to buy (600-700) bucks in todays market. Wanna make sure I get full potential.

Super Werty

Reaction score
for upgrading memory it should be real cheap

try newegg or tiger direct or ebay or amazon

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
I just upgraded my ram from 2gig to 4 gig.... cost 100 bucks.....

Top Bottom